Hide
5 Posts

Eldritch Horror: Signs of Carcosa» Forums » General

Subject: Wendy Adams rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Lane
msg tools
My gaming group played with Signs of Carcosa recently and found a really overpowered combination. One person played Wendy Adams and we randomly started with the Puzzle Box in the reserve. What then occurred was Wendy takes the box with her character action, eventually opens it with her 4 observation gaining an artifact... then uses her character action to get the puzzle box back and do it all over again. Is this indeed what can happen, allowing 1 character to pick up infinite artifacts over time. Just making sure that this is indeed the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gubisi Róbert
Hungary
Székesfehérvár
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice combo maybe the next errata will fix it if necessary.
However spending Wendy's 2 actions all the time to get artifcats and sometimes actions to trade them seems to be wasting your limited time instead of solving mysteries.
Contrary I played with Wendy 2 times so far and in one of the parties I had no choice to get any trinkets from the reserve because we had no trinkets there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems potentially powerful, provided the artifacts you draw are useful. A lot of them just aren't always that applicable to the situation. It is pretty action intensive, so I can definitely see losing a game after you get it online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurelian
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good combo but not really overpowered due to a) low chance of it happening and b) artifacts are quite hit-or-miss, she could waste a lot of time fiddling with the puzzle box while doom advanced to zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the ritual candles. But that's mostly because there are some powerful spells out there that can be used no matter where you are located.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.