Subject: Assault Combat - Moved or Ops Complete rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
If the unit that instigated assault combat survives, is it marked with a move marker or an ops complete marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You always place whatever marker the action taken calls for. So most likely you place a Moved marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
That makes sense. I just figured I'd ask since the only other basic action I'm aware of that allows a unit to move and attack in the same impulse (Move and Fire) marks the unit as ops complete.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have "guessed" Ops Complete. That is how I played it. It is a move and an attack, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
No guys. It states Ops Complete. Don't have the rules in front of me to quote chapter and verse, but it is Ops Complete. In fact, that is a strategy to tie enemy units down. Assault them and they are done for the turn. Nothing (except T'Qual) can remove an Ops Complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
No guys. It states Ops Complete. Don't have the rules in front of me to quote chapter and verse, but it is Ops Complete. In fact, that is a strategy to tie enemy units down. Assault them and they are done for the turn. Nothing (except T'Qual) can remove an Ops Complete.

So if I understand this correctly BOTH attacker and defender are marked Ops Complete after an Assault Combat. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification, Mark. I don't think it says that in the rules. I've been over them thoroughly over the past few days and couldn't find the answer. It's not in the assault combat section. I'd be curious to know where it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:

This is not in the rulebook.
Could we please have a revisit of the rules to make sure it's clear and concise. As it stands there are a few paragraphs that are open to interpretetion, a few that are plain wrong and some that seems to be completely missing from the rulebook. This is judging from what you have written in comments here and in the living rules document.

I'm quite sure that the game is playable and that most cases are selfexplanatory, but it would be nice to be able to look in the rulebook and not need to think twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.