Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be missing something very simple since have not seen it posted before but just can't figure out where I have miscalculated.

In The Great Revolt scenario set-up it says that the Subdued+Dispersed+Allies (Roman Victory) is 12. However, after setting up I only count 11 (7 Subdued + 1 Dispersed + 3 Allies). So, where am I missing the one point? The only thing I can think of is that for the Dispersed Ebburones you also get one point for Subdued as well. Is this my missing point or what am I missing in calculating correctly?

Thanks,
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tim!

8 Subdued:

Catuvellauni
Menapii
Nervii
Atrebates
Treveri
Ubii
Veneti
Volcae

Regards, Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Volko for the fast response. Completely missed the one up in Britania. I knew it had to be a simple miss on my part.

Really looking forward to getting into it. The playbook tutorial really helped to get the basics of the game. The game looks beautiful and you should be pleased with the outcome.

Cheers,
Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
There are 30 Tribes on the map, so Roman victory is always* equal to 30 minus everybody else's Allies.

* Technically incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amaranth wrote:
There are 30 Tribes on the map, so Roman victory is always* equal to 30 minus everybody else's Allies.

* Technically incorrect.

I don't see how that's technically incorrect. It always works unless Colony is played, and then you just do 31 - all other Allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
"Unless Colony" was the technically part.

Anyway, my point is that, in play, looking at other players' boards (not forgetting the Germans) is the easiest way to check whether the Roman victory score is correct instead of trying to count Subdued Tribes on the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amaranth wrote:

* Technically incorrect.

It actually is a useful tip Kevin! I often seem to miss a region when calculating Roman VPs, and I guess I may not be the only one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you. I've been paranoid about miscounts ever since my first game of Liberty or Death, where we must have forgotten to adjust after a British or Indian turn, because we thought Opposition was 4-5 higher than Support, but it turned out that actually Support was higher by about the same amount.

Fortunately it's easier to avoid that kind of thing in Falling Sky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.