Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Which is correct, the Rulebook or the Help sheet?

In the Rulebook, the decription of the Lighthouse's Effect (Yellow card with 1 coin in bottom right) is:
"This card is wirth 1 coin for each Yellow card (INCLUDING ITSELF) in your city at the time it is constructed."

But for the other same effects for Gray/Brown/Red cards and Wonders, they do not include the caveat of 'including itself'.

But on the Help Sheet this caveat is not listed.

Assume it was just left off of the help sheet in error, but want to double check.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett C
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook. The difference with the other effects is that the Lighthouse itself is a Yellow card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is remarkably complete.

I'm amazed how many people don't really bother to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

I don't think it's helpful to chime in on every rule thread to tell people to read the rules. Especially since in this case the poster has a question about specific phrasing in the rules, with a quote, and is asking about the help sheet. Please give people a little more credit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Andrews
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
JonBob wrote:
kduke wrote:

I don't think it's helpful to chime in on every rule thread to tell people to read the rules. Especially since in this case the poster has a question about specific phrasing in the rules, with a quote, and is asking about the help sheet. Please give people a little more credit.

That was indeed quite a surprise to find as a response... in this case. [PS and BTW, I transcribe every rulebook for every game I have to be sure I don't miss things and compare to help sheets that come with the game which is why this question came up.]

Thanks to Brett C for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.