Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
About a week and a half ago, I played Carcassonne with my mom and girlfriend. The purpose of the game was to introduce my girlfriend to to dragon, as well have some well-spirited fun.

We played with the following tiles:

Base Carcassonne
The River I (Two sets)
The River II
1 normal spring, 1 city-on-the-lake, and 1 spring-with-road tile.
Inns and Cathedrals, without the Catherdral tiles
The Volcano and Dragon tiles from Princess and the Dragon

The players:

Me
Amanda (my girlfriend, settlers and san juan fan)
Linda (my mom, ticket to ride fan)

The Play by Play:

We started using the Y branch river tile from the river II, and worked our way out. I managed to land two monestaries before the river finished.

Amanda and Linda both started on large city projects - not intentionally, just the way the tiles fell. Meanwhile I continued to draw a steady diet of cloistures (much to Amanda's lament), as well as get quick four points from two-tile cities.

Amanda and I both had a farmer when Amanda played the first volcano tile - she placed it so it would threaten me, but no one else. She was rather upset about drawing it, as she wouldn't be able to play a knight on the city portion of the volcano. I was excited - the dragon, and no way to protect oneself!

The game continued along - I played some knights that threatened to mooch off of their cities, but none ever connected. When the dragon tiles started coming out, they moved the dragon torward me, and I tried to turn him away.

Torwards the end game, I had a lead in points. Linda caught up by finishing her city project, but when Amanda finished hers, she was the closest condender. We also both had three farmers.

As the dragon tiles were played, we moved the dragon along, but not once was a meeple ate. Then I realized - they were trying not to eat anyone! More then once, one of us had the opportunity to knock off a farmer, or a monk, but it was left blank for fear that the other two would turn on us. I tried to move the dragon to force them to eat a meeple, but no such luck.

Farm Scoring
In the end, the farms all linked into one mega farm. I had three farmers, amanda had three, and Linda had one. We didn't bother scoring them, and I took home the victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.