Johann Gambolputty
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got around to sleeving all my cards this weekend, and I'd purchased a new copy of the base game so that the Cosmic Deck would be nice and fresh looking. My original copy of the game was purchased used, and our almost twice-weekly playing had wrecked havoc on the cards. I was starting to be able to tell which artifacts were which based on the tears and smudges on the back of them!

I popped open the new box, opened the package containing the cosmic cards, and sleeved them up. After dealing out starting hands later that evening, I noticed that the remaining pile was much, much shorter than it should have been. It turns out all the attack cards higher than 08 come in a separate sealed pack with the destiny deck in the game box! The extra thickness of the card sleeves had masked the lack of cards when I had the deck in hand.

Being too far from home to retrieve the missing cards, I stuck in the high value Large Group cards (Morph, 10, 12, 14, 20, 30) and decided to make the best of it.

The game was still a blast! Cavalry became massively more valuable as an ally, as did Reserve. Remora benefited as well, by having a much higher chance of gaining the few high cards, as well as anything other than a negotiate. We gave Winner the option of changing powers, but he said he wanted the challenge. He came close a few times, but after determining he didn't have his super, his allies used Wild Trickster to sabotage his own winnings!

I (Engineer) eventually co-won the game, but couldn't have even come close without the help of Cavalry, who was invited to both sides in nearly every encounter. I'll be correcting the deck for the next time we play, but it was still a fun and interesting game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.