$20.00
$60.00
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Fields of Green» Forums » General

Subject: Crop Circles! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest stretch goal is Crop Circles!

Any thoughts on how that might work into game play?

Whatever it is, it will be something fun!laugh
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no an anal probe giving field

And to clarify (cause of the Essen promo mentioning) these cards will be added for al backers.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the head's up.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spukky wrote:
Oh no an anal probe giving field

And to clarify (cause of the Essen promo mentioning) these cards will be added for al backers.


One of the reasons I'm backing... nothing is exclusive, it's been said they will have everything in their shop afterwards. But really, how much extra money will everything cost?

And I saw someone say that $50 was too much... with all these extras? This much awesome? Wooden tokens? Including shipping? $50 is the best deal in gaming right now!!

I'm cheap- I know I will eventually get this game... it seems like this is the least expensive it will ever be.

And we get crop circles... and possibly strawberries. Doesn't that next field look like strawberries to you?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Schreiber wrote:
Thanks for the head's up.


LOL
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your probably right on the strawberries, which is Imho a great addition. I can see us fighting over a strawberry field.

And agree don't feel the price is high, I always factor in shipping when deciding to back on Kickstarter and this gives a great price compared to other games.

Also love the no exclusive approach, those Imho don't help out games in the long run.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still having problems seeing any reason to back. Unless I'm mistaken, the only thing extra I am getting for backing right now are the crop circle cards. Everything else will be in the retail version.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
I'm still having problems seeing any reason to back. Unless I'm mistaken, the only thing extra I am getting for backing right now are the crop circle cards. Everything else will be in the retail version.


Actually, no. They'll be available for purchase in addition to the game. So, by backing, you get a lot of extras that you'll be able to get later, sure, but it will never be as low cost as now.

Plus the shaped tokens are in all the games for this printing . Later printings may not have them for sure.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
Trump wrote:
I'm still having problems seeing any reason to back. Unless I'm mistaken, the only thing extra I am getting for backing right now are the crop circle cards. Everything else will be in the retail version.


Actually, no. They'll be available for purchase in addition to the game. So, by backing, you get a lot of extras that you'll be able to get later, sure, but it will never be as low cost as now.

Plus the shaped tokens are in all the games for this printing . Later printings may not have them for sure.


Are you saying that all of the stretch goals will NOT be in the regular retail edition? How do you know? I'm not saying you're wrong. I really just haven't seen where that's said. The Kickstarters I've been most familiar with had all had the stretch goals included in all retail editions, with some various items clearly marked as exceptional.

EDIT : I found the discussion in another thread and it looks like this issue isn't completely clear yet. Part of the problem is that this is currently an Artipia game and an Artipia Kickstarter project while I'd be buying it from Stronghold.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
wren08 wrote:
Trump wrote:
I'm still having problems seeing any reason to back. Unless I'm mistaken, the only thing extra I am getting for backing right now are the crop circle cards. Everything else will be in the retail version.


Actually, no. They'll be available for purchase in addition to the game. So, by backing, you get a lot of extras that you'll be able to get later, sure, but it will never be as low cost as now.

Plus the shaped tokens are in all the games for this printing . Later printings may not have them for sure.


Are you saying that all of the stretch goals will NOT be in the regular retail edition? How do you know? I'm not saying you're wrong. I really just haven't seen where that's said. The Kickstarters I've been most familiar with had all had the stretch goals included in all retail editions, with some various items clearly marked as exceptional.

EDIT : I found the discussion in another thread and it looks like this issue isn't completely clear yet. Part of the problem is that this is currently an Artipia game and an Artipia Kickstarter project while I'd be buying it from Stronghold.


I think they will follow the Pursuit of Happiness model. Base game is sold by Stronghold, and extras will be available to buy from Artipia's website (and from Kickstarter).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
wren08 wrote:
Trump wrote:
I'm still having problems seeing any reason to back. Unless I'm mistaken, the only thing extra I am getting for backing right now are the crop circle cards. Everything else will be in the retail version.


Actually, no. They'll be available for purchase in addition to the game. So, by backing, you get a lot of extras that you'll be able to get later, sure, but it will never be as low cost as now.

Plus the shaped tokens are in all the games for this printing . Later printings may not have them for sure.


Are you saying that all of the stretch goals will NOT be in the regular retail edition? How do you know? I'm not saying you're wrong. I really just haven't seen where that's said. The Kickstarters I've been most familiar with had all had the stretch goals included in all retail editions, with some various items clearly marked as exceptional.

EDIT : I found the discussion in another thread and it looks like this issue isn't completely clear yet. Part of the problem is that this is currently an Artipia game and an Artipia Kickstarter project while I'd be buying it from Stronghold.


From the campaign: "Stretch rewards generated through this campaign will be given to all backers free of charge. Keep in mind that these Stretch rewards will not be exclusive and they may become available to acquire in the future at an additional cost. (...) However, the Stretch rewards will not be sold to retailers."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
The latest stretch goal is Crop Circles!

Any thoughts on how that might work into game play?

Whatever it is, it will be something fun!laugh



I know how it works! whistle
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sot07 wrote:
wren08 wrote:
The latest stretch goal is Crop Circles!

Any thoughts on how that might work into game play?

Whatever it is, it will be something fun!laugh



I know how it works! whistle


Are you a physics teacher?!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sot07 wrote:
wren08 wrote:
The latest stretch goal is Crop Circles!

Any thoughts on how that might work into game play?

Whatever it is, it will be something fun!laugh



I know how it works! whistle


Care to share?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
Trump wrote:
wren08 wrote:
Trump wrote:
I'm still having problems seeing any reason to back. Unless I'm mistaken, the only thing extra I am getting for backing right now are the crop circle cards. Everything else will be in the retail version.


Actually, no. They'll be available for purchase in addition to the game. So, by backing, you get a lot of extras that you'll be able to get later, sure, but it will never be as low cost as now.

Plus the shaped tokens are in all the games for this printing . Later printings may not have them for sure.


Are you saying that all of the stretch goals will NOT be in the regular retail edition? How do you know? I'm not saying you're wrong. I really just haven't seen where that's said. The Kickstarters I've been most familiar with had all had the stretch goals included in all retail editions, with some various items clearly marked as exceptional.

EDIT : I found the discussion in another thread and it looks like this issue isn't completely clear yet. Part of the problem is that this is currently an Artipia game and an Artipia Kickstarter project while I'd be buying it from Stronghold.


From the campaign: "Stretch rewards generated through this campaign will be given to all backers free of charge. Keep in mind that these Stretch rewards will not be exclusive and they may become available to acquire in the future at an additional cost. (...) However, the Stretch rewards will not be sold to retailers."


Correct for all the extra cards, though the wooden tokens will be included in all copies of this printrun (but not necessarily in the Stronghold edition, though I would suspect they will be in there as well)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Also as a tip, just check the lower right corner of the cards. If you see a small tractor, it will be in the base game, if you see a cow, then it's in the current Kisckstarter promo pack, that like other have said, will only be available for purchase from Artipia Games.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe all your questions about Crop Circle can be answered in the Update that just went live...

whistle
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:
I believe all your questions about Crop Circle can be answered in the Update that just went live...

whistle

Yay! Update!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:

Also as a tip, just check the lower right corner of the cards. If you see a small tractor, it will be in the base game, if you see a cow, then it's in the current Kickstarter promo pack, that like other have said, will only be available for purchase from Artipia Games.


And the Essen promo features a flying saucer icon!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:

Also as a tip, just check the lower right corner of the cards. If you see a small tractor, it will be in the base game, if you see a cow, then it's in the current Kickstarter promo pack, that like other have said, will only be available for purchase from Artipia Games.


And the Essen promo features a flying saucer icon!


That's a good tip! I hadn't noticed it- thank you for sharing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm, OK. So even if I consider that all of the stretch goal cards are only in the Kickstarter (without paying extra later), are they really worth $17? That's not so easy to swallow right now, but as the campaign continues and grows? Maybe. I'll keep my eyes open...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
Hmmmm, OK. So even if I consider that all of the stretch goal cards are only in the Kickstarter (without paying extra later), are they really worth $17? That's not so easy to swallow right now, but as the campaign continues and grows? Maybe. I'll keep my eyes open...


How do you come up with $17?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
How do you come up with $17?


$50 to back. $33 to buy new later (based on the price of Among the Stars). Is it a perfect number? Probably not, but that's the best I've got.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
wren08 wrote:
How do you come up with $17?


$50 to back. $33 to buy new later (based on the price of Among the Stars). Is it a perfect number? Probably not, but that's the best I've got.


At the price Artipia is selling the KS promo pack of Pursuit of Happiness, yes it is worth 17$ (since for me it's exactly 17$CAD, without counting the new shipping just for that).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
wren08 wrote:
How do you come up with $17?


$50 to back. $33 to buy new later (based on the price of Among the Stars). Is it a perfect number? Probably not, but that's the best I've got.


Ok, I was wondering. I expect that FoG will be more expensive than AtS because it has more wooden pieces plus there's shipping as with the pledge, shipping is included- that's something to consider as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.