Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Schweitzer
Brazil
Americana
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a given square there's a dead character with equipment and an active mine. A character moves onto that square, entering the LoS of an opposing character for the first time that round.

In what sequence do the followings event happen: a) mine explodes, b) character grabs equipment from the dead body and c) opposing character challenges for a duel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would say it's up to you, as there is no ruling, but logic would be a) Mine, b) Duel, c) Grab.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cycyx wrote:
I would say it's up to you, as there is no ruling, but logic would be a) Mine, b) Duel, c) Grab.

I agree with that order being most reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Schweitzer
Brazil
Americana
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not every rule in this game follows logic or common sense, so if possible I'd like to hear an answer based on the official rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As I told you, I do not remember an official ruling about timing, so it's up to you to decide...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
muwins.ch
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules of Play, page 40:
Quote:
Resolving Simultaneous
Actions

If, at anytime during the game, simultaneous actions
by more than one player could cause different results
depending on their order of resolution, resolve the actions
starting with the Salemite Mercenary (even if he is not
involved), and continue clockwise.

That's as official as it gets in the rules: Salemite goes first.

Regardless, as far as I know there is only one piece of equipment that might change the outcome in some way: the Kevlar Armor (since it doesn't require an action to put it on). Nothing will stop the mine from being triggered and the un-active player does get his chance to duel for interruption. As the active player, I'd only move onto that square now if the equipment to grab were crucial to win the game and if I was running out of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree with you, so, to answer to the OP, there is no official ruling about the particular timing he's asking about, appart common sense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Schweitzer
Brazil
Americana
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hugolefou wrote:
Rules of Play, page 40:
Quote:
Resolving Simultaneous
Actions

If, at anytime during the game, simultaneous actions
by more than one player could cause different results
depending on their order of resolution, resolve the actions
starting with the Salemite Mercenary (even if he is not
involved), and continue clockwise.

That's as official as it gets in the rules: Salemite goes first.

Regardless, as far as I know there is only one piece of equipment that might change the outcome in some way: the Kevlar Armor (since it doesn't require an action to put it on). Nothing will stop the mine from being triggered and the un-active player does get his chance to duel for interruption. As the active player, I'd only move onto that square now if the equipment to grab were crucial to win the game and if I was running out of time.

Thanks for the answer. I wasn't aware of that rule but searching for it in the rulebook I see it is under the 3-4 players section, I think it would be forcing to apply it to the standard 2-player game.

Not only the Kevlar would affect the outcome. Any melee weapon on the ground might affect the opposing player's decision to duel or not, if he intends to move next to the character and do melee. Also, the order between mine exploding and duel happening is important since the character could get wounded as a result of either event, affecting the outcome of the other event on the character (since it would have less armor, less weight allowance, less melee statistics etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.