Subject: Vacationing on Hatteras Island rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary Honaker
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Vacationing near Avon N.C starting 8/25/16 are there any game board stores in the area or any local events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There used to be one in the outer banks, but it's gone now. If you want games there, gotta bring your own.

There is a neat store down where the ferry is at the end of the island. They carry kites and a lot of toys. They have a few games like Qwixx, but probably not what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
There used to be one in the outer banks, but it's gone now.

By any small chance do you mean the little games store that was in the tiny cluster of soundside shops in Duck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
pfctsqr wrote:

By any small chance do you mean the little games store that was in the tiny cluster of soundside shops in Duck?

No. There used to be a puzzle/toy/game store on about the 5 mile post in Kill Devel Hills. The owner kept up a really cool wall of euro games. She sold the store and the new owner had no clue what she was doing. The games disappeared and not too long after, so did the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
Gambiteer wrote:
pfctsqr wrote:

No. There used to be a puzzle/toy/game store on about the 5 mile post in Kill Devel Hills. The owner kept up a really cool wall of euro games. She sold the store and the new owner had no clue what she was doing. The games disappeared and not too long after, so did the store.

Ah, it's been some years since I've been able to get down to the coast, I didn't know about that store.

If you'd been meaning the little shop I meant, I have a fond memory and cool story about my afternoon there. It was an awfully tough location to make a success of a games store though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's Earth 383, but it's very much nothing to write home about. Half a shelf of games in a mixed comic / MTG shop (carcassonne was the most euro-y thing I remember seeing). They do have a small shelf of games that I assume are for checkout? They were open and just kind of scattered on a shelf above old expansion magic white boxes. I stopped in while visiting family out there this summer, but the cashier was in a deep conversation about magic this or that and couldn't be bothered to even acknowledge I was in the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Honaker
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Planning on bringing games but love visiting new game stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Neher
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitty Hawk Kites at the north end of Avon is not a game store but has a decent selection of games --- at least it did two years ago when I last visited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.