Subject: Thoughts on factions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
most of my games have been 2 player which i know is not a supported format, however some insight into the factions has developed. here is what i have discovered.

Federation: this is a rush faction. explore fast, colonize fast (with the fleet as often as possible) try to build up a defensive network as you go because the other players will (or should) try to attack you. if the other players fail to attack you soon enough you will win quickly.

Romulans: more a mid faction. you want research for extra culture but you also need culture and production nodes. use the mining fleet early for a production boost. you dont need to connect early but you can play aggressive defense attacking before they attack you with your first strike.

Klingons: IMO the hardest to play. Late game faction really. you will have a slow start, you dont have any good fleet bonuses (colonization, mining) so dont want to start fights too soon, but you need to be aggressive. the strength of this faction is in numbers. you want to build production as fast as you can, if you can build a 10 ship fleet every turn, you can still do some damage with 6s to hit. build them and send them out to die. when you get extra commands farm the research deck for the 2 free ship technologies. after you get the free ships at culture nodes, swap your open spots from production to culture.

those are my thoughts, feel free to discuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you also add some thoughts about your 2 player experiences with this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamePlayer wrote:
Can you also add some thoughts about your 2 player experiences with this game?

i have mentioned other places but sure i can repeat my thoughts here.

i have found the experience with 2 players to be enjoyable but not exactly a good experience. there is a huge run away leader problem which is why the designers have made it 3 players and i agree with thier decision. that doesnt stop me from playing and enjoying 2 player games, i just understand the problems for what they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.