Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Korsberg
United States
University Heights
OH
flag msg tools
mb
So when the plague doctor swaps places with a champion from the legacy pile, I know the new champion's battle ability doesn't trigger immediately since it was already in play. However, does the new champion still get to activate the battle ability in the normal order by power rank? For example, my opponent plays the illusionist (1) and I play the plague doctor (4). I swap for the clockwork man (9). Does the clockwork man get to use his ability since 9 is higher than 1, or am I only relying on the power level of the new card?

Also, is the Plague Doctor completely worthless as your first legacy card in a round, or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going based on the rules of Legacy of the Eternals, as soon as you swap a champion, it may activate its ability, regardless of its power value. I don't know if they've changed it in Shadows and Steam, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Korsberg
United States
University Heights
OH
flag msg tools
mb
They only trigger immediately if they "enter play". Everything on the table is the "play area", so the cards in the legacy pile are already in play. I think that rule is for cards that are played from your hand (only area not in play). Its confusing because "play" is never defined in either manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hamm
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the confusion, but Carl is correct. The champion taken from the legacy pile does activate its battle ability. I hope that helps to clarify your situation. Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Korsberg
United States
University Heights
OH
flag msg tools
mb
Can you define what "in play" means then? Because other swapping card abilities explicitly mention activating their battle abilities (see inquisitor), but the Plague Doctor does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hamm
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Present at the battle or in the location display when referring to locations. Legacy pile, hand, and set aside are not considerex to be in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.