Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P A
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waterworks
An oldie but a goodie. A card game where you are constructing your own water pipe system.
Artwork 4/5
Cool drawings and design, quite appropriate for the under 10 crowd.
Components 4/5
Mostly cards that are ok, but not the greatest. Also has a bathtub and metal wrenches that are thematic and pretty cool looking.
Randomness 3/5
If candy land is a zero and 1830 is 5/5, then this should be midway. Just enough randomness to make everyone's hand and pipes different but not so much as to make it unbearably random.
Strategy 3-4/5
Some strategy in placing your segments and leaky segments on your opponents pipes. Which cards do you discard, play and keep? Nothing overly advanced. Perfect for the youngin's.
Tactics 4/5
Lots of ways to further your cause and slow down your opponent.
Brainburn 0/5
Very easy on the old bean. No crunchiness.
Rules 4/5
Very well written, mostly very clear. They do need some house modification to make sense but overall pretty good for a game from 1972.
Theme 5/5
Very original, thankfully no zombies, and the kids love it.
Interaction: 3/5
Mostly from playing negative cards on your opponents. That could be obnoxious if one player is ganged up on.
Gatewayability 5/5
My 6 and 9 year old love it and can play. Pretty solid.
Spouseliness 5/5
The misses likes to play with us. Nuff said.
Analysisparalysis proness 0/5
No AP observed thus far.
Confrontation 4/5
A pretty good amount but easily mitigated with wrenches or good pieces.
Fun factor 5/5
We really enjoy it and it ends before the kids get bored. Can't beat that.
Replayablity 4/5
We have played 20+ games, and so far no sign of burnout. Likely because it is quick and fun.
Soloability? 0/5
Not applicable.
Overall: A good find in my father-in-law's closet that had not seen the light of day in 20 years. We like to play with the rule that the pipe can travel in any direction as long as it connects, and you can choose which side it goes toward. Definitely a good filler and would be great for a reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this one also. There is a reprint that I saw recently, but it had cardboard tokens for wrenches. I went on eBay to get the proper version with brass wrenches to match the version I had as a kid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.