Popular Tags: [View All]
bayard catron
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally there would be no need for income at the end of the 7th round (as the game is now over) but if you have the +Potion generating building and the building that gives points for every potion you own, it could make a difference(at the end of a very close game today, another player asked this as the victory seemed in the balance). But I believe there's no income in round 7 correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the book in front of me, but I believe the rules say the game ends immediately when you move the turn track token into the final space; this would indicate that all the end-of-round steps AFTER moving the token would not be done (including no income).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you would not get income from the buildings at the end of the 7th round. Gaining income is a start of the round step. You move the round token, add villagers if needed, gain income, put out a cider if needed etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 10 says that when all players have passed, to follow certain steps before the next round starts. Those would include collecting income from the level on the advancement track and from any house or outpost they built. Then it has you refresh gods on buildings and pass the 1st player marker. Lastly, it says to start the next round if 7 rounds have not passed.

So I read it that you do collect income at the end of the 7th round

I was wrong, as I missed a line on that page. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bayard catron
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I don't have the book in front of me, but I believe the rules say the game ends immediately when you move the turn track token into the final space; this would indicate that all the end-of-round steps AFTER moving the token would not be done (including no income).

Yep, looks like you're right, on page 10 it says movement of the round marker is the first thing to do after everyone has passed and the round is ending. "If the round marker cannot move (ie, if it's already on spot 7) the game is over." Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bayard wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

Yep, looks like you're right, on page 10 it says movement of the round marker is the first thing to do after everyone has passed and the round is ending. "If the round marker cannot move (ie, if it's already on spot 7) the game is over." Thanks

Oops! It's been awhile since playing this game, so when I just had checked the rulebook, I missed that part about moving the round marker. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
No, you would not get income from the buildings at the end of the 7th round.

Right.

ParisPink wrote:
Gaining income is a start of the round step. You move the round token, add villagers if needed, gain income, put out a cider if needed etc.

Wrong. This all happens at the end of a round, but after moving the round marker.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.