Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Minotto II
United States
Womelsdorf
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi everyone! I live in Womelsdorf, PA and my wife and I are trying to find a group of friendly gamers interested in playing a variety of table-top games. We've just more recently started building our own collection of games but sadly have too few friends who are as interested in playing games as much as we are!

Let me know if you are interested, or if you know of a group already going strong! Or just going at all.. We're not that picky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perrianne Lurie
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Carvin has a group called "Berks Board Gamers" (jimcarvin.tripod.com) that meets in Hamburg on the second Friday of every month. They also run a full day of gaming on Black Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Minotto II
United States
Womelsdorf
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cool thanks. I saw his black friday post but didn't know if it was just once a year thing. Also, the link to the website doesn't work, so I'm not sure the group is still active

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes berks boardgamers is still active. Second Friday of every month from 7pm-11pm or later. Jim Carvin used to live in womelsdorf over 10 years ago. He had tried to get a game night going at the library at one time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Last year we did Friday and Saturday for the black Friday game day. Not sure if it will be that way this year. Probably will know soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Minotto II
United States
Womelsdorf
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, there is an active Chess club at the Library, but I'm not serious enough for those people lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we still meet every second Friday in Hamburg, so this Friday we start at 7pm. I shut down the website awhile ago and moved everything to Facebook (search for Berks Boardgamers) and to Meetup (Lehigh Valley Boardgamers). The address is 292 Salem Church Rd, Hamburg Pa and we play from 7pm to about 11pm. It's probably about a 20 minute drive for you.

I've done the Black Friday game day for well over a decade now and this year is no exception. Not sure if I'm doing the Friday-Saturday Black Friday thing again this year. I probably won't know for sure about that until we're much closer.

I had tried to get a group going at the Womelsdorf library about 11-12 years ago but even though I targeted adults, pretty much only kids showed up and it soon became a dumping ground for the parents. ;-( I still ran with it and had fun until I moved to Hamburg and shut it down.

I hope you can make it this (or any) Friday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.