8 Posts

Black Fleet» Forums » General

Subject: Is this game good with 3 players or merely passible with 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nat Li
msg tools
mbmb
Going to have my first game and I'm wondering if I should wait until I have the full complement of 4 players or go ahead with 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a game tonight with three and everyone had a great time. With three it can play much faster and you might be able to get two games in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it at 3 and have played it with 3 a couple times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's good at 3p. There's a bit more space, so maybe a bit more opportunity for some cool abilities, but it's loads of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanH wrote:
It's great with 3! Maybe a little better with 4 (I think some of the boss abilities make it so) but nothing major and it will just shift the balance of each boss a bit.

Boss abilities? Unless you mean the Ship/Port cards you flip...you might be talking about Boss Monsters

Either way your statement still stands. Game plays great with 3,and 4. And the 2 Player variants are somehow more strategic, and make for a different game play, but also very fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it with 3 ppl and we love it. You still get good player interaction with the ships and pirates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lynch
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very playable with 3 players. Plays differently due to more space on the board. Also, more of the purchasable improvement cards will not show up, which also contributes toward 'open' game. However I personally prefer the more crowded 4 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Tatge
Germany
Hameln
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I reckon three players to be the sweet spot since the board really gets awfully crammed with four players. The game contains a lot of chaos anyway (especially near the end of the game when most 'special abilities' have been unleashed and allow players to break a lot of the rules), but planning your next move(s) is still a bit more likely with 3 than with 4. It's fun with any number, after all, but it depends on how you want to play it - utter chaos (4 players) or still some planning ahead (3 players).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.