Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to make sure I'm doing this right...

Example:
I have 5 cards in my hand, one of which (Ring of Protection) allows me to reveal it and take 1 less damage
I lose to a monster and take 5 damage

I reveal the ring so now I have to take 4 damage...

Do I discard the remaining 4 cards in my hand?
Can I reveal the ring, discard it, discard 3 other cards in my hand and therefore hold on to one of those 5 cards that I had before the battle?

What if I took 6 damage? I would have revealed the ring to take 5 damage, but just had 4 cards in my hand.

Is the order:
reveal cards
take damage
take back reveal cards
take any remaining damage with cards you revealed?

If anyone could put this in perspective, I'd appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Reveal cards
Take back cards
Take damage

Reveal is instantaneous, so the ring could prevent one then be discarded for another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

That's what I thought but I recently played a game on the iPad and the armor (Blackcloth Armor) I revealed added 1 to my combat check but when I took damage, it wouldn't let me bury/banish it even though the text said it was possible

I would have thought it would work the same way..Reveal it for +1 combat, take it back, then take damage and allow me to bury/banis it to reduce all damage

What am I missing? or is a bug on the Ipad version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a single check, you can only use 1 card of each type. Since damage resolution is still part of your combat check and you have used already an armor, you can't reveal the armor again to reduce the damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.