Boss Monster: The Dungeon Building Card Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Boss Monster All Expansions rule variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Rosensteel
United States
California
flag msg tools
So I've been curious if anyone has played games using every possible expansion for the game. I haven't seen any house rules for this but if anyone has their own rule set I wanted to see what people came up with. For me this has worked so far:
1) Shuffle All Room, Spell, and Boss cards together into single large decks.
2) Remove all "?" and ⭐ Heroes. They can always be used.
3) Shuffle the rest of the Heroes together in their respective decks (Seperate Normal and Epic Heroes) and deal them out randomly based on how many people are playing.
2-Player: 13 Heroes, 8 Epics
3-Player: 17 Heroes, 12 Epics
4-Player: 25 Heroes, 16 Epics
5 or more: All Heroes
Shuffle these Heroes with the Heroes you seperated earlier to make the game's Hero decks.
4) Play the game

If anyone has any ideas to add or subtract to this I'd love to hear it for this rule set I'm using:
Boss Monster
Boss Monster 2
Boss Monster Crash Landing
Boss Monster Tools of Hero-Kind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tinke
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds fun, all I need is BM (1) to try. My only consern is that how balanced the decks would be, meaning that hero types not maching the room treasures etc. so there must be more luck and less strategy involved.. but please try and comment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rosensteel
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yea that was my concern too. The lack of explorer cards is my main concern. Haven't had a problem yet but I can see how things could go wrong. Partly why I want other people's opinions if theres a way to balance that issue out more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacky Blue
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks Joseph. I was wondering about something similar. Going to try this out today as a two-player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacky Blue
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I tried this a few times and it worked great. The Crash Landing cards didn't seem to suffer from dilution (which I was surprised by), and it was nice to see heroes we were less familiar with from playing RAW. One change we made though was to shuffle the ? and star heroes in with everything else (for variety).

Edited for typos

P.S. My partner had risked an Alien Artefact heavy dungeon mostly for the kill points of her available cards. This seemed risky due to fears at the beginning of not enough explorers, but she then dominated the final turns. Great expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.