5 Posts

Risk Europe» Forums » General

Subject: 2 player first playthrough rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Finished a 2 player game today. First time to play the game, there is a lot going on for a risk game. Has anyone else played the 2 player mercenary varient? It seemed fiddly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr ?
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We did play with two mercenary armies. It is not fiddle if you see it as an integral part of the game. There is excitement about bidding and perhaps bluffing. The game is slower with the extra armi s I am sure, but it's a richer experience than merely one opponent. Money management is an even bigger struggle...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Have you tried the 3-4 also? It seems like those games would have less book keeping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How long does this take to play 2 player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
We were learning the game, it took over 3 hours. Experienced players could probably play it in under an hour.

One of the merc armies got taken out early in the game. This dragged the game out because we were both bidding on one army most of the game. I would much rather play against 4 players. Seemed like there was a good game there it just went on too long for my taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.