$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

King of Tokyo: Power Up!» Forums » General

Subject: Will Power Up! be printed as a second edition to fit with KoT 2016? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the title says, does anyone know whether Iello are planning to re-release Power Up now that KoT base game has re-released, to take into account the changes to the characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
Like the title says, does anyone know whether Iello are planning to re-release Power Up now that KoT base game has re-released, to take into account the changes to the characters?
I know!
We're currently working on it. It's planned for sometime in 2017.
This new version will probably also include Powers to play with these monsters in King of New York.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great

Also, is the KoT app still coming Late 2016?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Nancy
flag msg tools
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
Also, is the KoT app still coming Late 2016?
Very unlikely…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bourel
Guadeloupe
msg tools
I just bought the 2nd edition of the game with the Power Up expansion.

Before even being delivered the products I come to realize 2 évolutions won't fit as 2 characters changed.

- Is this this only compatibility issue? I have been told about card sleeves or something ...
- Should I return the uncrafted expansion as a consequence? I can wait the 2nd edition if it is for the better
- Or the 2 characters are just the only compatibility issues and I can play with random evolutions (or with kitty pretending to be bunny, krakenguin is a bit more difficut to visualize ...) and be confirmed Penguin and Kitty évolutions will be out someday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have King of New York or if you think you might buy it, you should return the expansion. The 2nd edition of the expansion will be the only way to get the power ups for the King of Tokyo monsters to be used in King of New York.

The sleeves are only necessary if you want to use the promo cards or the cards from the Halloween expansion with the new KoT edition as there are no plans to remake those cards with the new card backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bourel
Guadeloupe
msg tools
thank you, it was an impulse purchase of a game I did not know. I wish it were said the monsters were not the same. For a €13 tag, maybe the return will not be Worth it unfortunately

Edit: I returned it for free

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Since some of the monsters have changed in the 2nd edition of the KoT base set, I have a question: Will Pandakai still be featured in the new Power Up? My son is a huge fan of martial arts pandas, so I'm wondering whether we should get the new editions of both, or go for the older sets.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael Nabbs
New Zealand
flag msg tools
What about people that want to buy the expansions for the editions they have? We have the second expansion (Halloween one) but not the Panda one. We didn't realise at the time you needed the Panda one to get the best use out of the Halloween one. Now we can't find it anywhere.

We already have King of Tokyo and New York. I love the editions as they are so don't really want to upgrade (my partner's favourite character is Cyber Bunny). So where can I get King of Tokyo: Power Up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Acrux wrote:
Will Pandakai still be featured in the new Power Up?

Yes, he will be!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
pineapple_lump wrote:
So where can I get King of Tokyo: Power Up!

We've been out of stock of KOT: PU for awhile and aren't planning reprinting it, because of its connection to Cyber Bunny. Some stores or online vendors may still have it available, but otherwise the new edition is coming out in Q1 2017!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pineapple_lump wrote:
What about people that want to buy the expansions for the editions they have? We have the second expansion (Halloween one) but not the Panda one. We didn't realise at the time you needed the Panda one to get the best use out of the Halloween one. Now we can't find it anywhere.

We already have King of Tokyo and New York. I love the editions as they are so don't really want to upgrade (my partner's favourite character is Cyber Bunny). So where can I get King of Tokyo: Power Up!

There is nothing -mechanically- preventing you from using KoT-1st with Power Up-2nd.
The only compatibility issue is that 2 stacks of Evolutions will have "incorrect" names listed. Just give the Cyber Kitty stack to Bunny, and the Penguin stack to Kraken and you're fine.
Another reason to get Power Up-2nd is that it will come with Evolutions for the Tokyo Monsters to use in New York. edit: outdated info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean that the power up expansion 1st edition will see prices soar on ebay and such??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Does this mean that the power up expansion 1st edition will see prices soar on ebay and such??
I'd like to say "no".
But given how some people behave, I'm going to say "probably". As it is out of print, and will contain cards you can't get elsewhere. Kitty and Penguin are getting new sets, so Bunny and Kraken cards are now potential "collectors items".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Mounsey
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
shooshoo wrote:

Yup. It already has. You're looking at $62 from a third party seller on Amazon. I'm just gonna wait to get KOT and the new power up later on as I have KoNY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
I know!
This new version will probably also include Powers to play with these monsters in King of New York.

yasssss (the KoNY compatibility)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Mattintheweb wrote:
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
I know!

Bad news. They decided NOT to put the KoNY powers in. Instead it has powers for all the base game KoT monsters from both editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Noooooo! D:

This is like Small World Underground all over again. Why make a better version of a game and then hamstring its support?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ras2124 wrote:
Asmor wrote:
Mattintheweb wrote:
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
I know!

Bad news. They decided NOT to put the KoNY powers in. Instead it has powers for all the base game KoT monsters from both editions.
Source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gas wrote:
Source?
Re: So does this mean that everything from KOT will work in KONY and vice versa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ras2124 wrote:
...huh. Well that sucks. Makes this product pointless for 1st ed. owners (outside the I-would-assume-tiny minority willing to shell out for 2nd ed. + PU 2nd ed. just for the sake of two new monsters) and leaves us waiting who knows how long before KoT and KoNY are fully interoperable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gas wrote:
...huh. Well that sucks. Makes this product pointless for 1st ed. owners

There are still plenty of 1st edition sets out in the wild for sale. The (eventual) owners of these do not own any Power Up.
There are still plenty of 1st edition owners who do not have Power Up.
That's also kind of the point of the 'minimal change reprint', you don't need to (re)buy it.

The Gas wrote:
and leaves us waiting who knows how long before KoT and KoNY are fully interoperable.

1. Take monster standee and board out of KoT box
2. Open KoNY box
3. Play KoNY with KoT monster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:
The Gas wrote:
...huh. Well that sucks. Makes this product pointless for 1st ed. owners

There are still plenty of 1st edition sets out in the wild for sale. The (eventual) owners of these do not own any Power Up.
There are still plenty of 1st edition owners who do not have Power Up.
That's also kind of the point of the 'minimal change reprint', you don't need to (re)buy it.

The Gas wrote:
and leaves us waiting who knows how long before KoT and KoNY are fully interoperable.

1. Take monster standee and board out of KoT box
2. Open KoNY box
3. Play KoNY with KoT monster
I pretty much covered this in the other thread, but you can't invalidate complaints of people wanting to use KoT monsters in KoNY by saying the powers don't have to match right after saying that they needed to give KoT 1.0 owners the old KoT powers in addition to the new ones so their powers would match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
I pretty much covered this in the other thread, but you can't invalidate complaints of people wanting to use KoT monsters in KoNY by saying the powers don't have to match right after saying that they needed to give KoT 1.0 owners the old KoT powers in addition to the new ones so their powers would match.

I said nothing about powers matching in this thread.
I pointed out why they included the old powers, and then made a joke.
The joke consisted of "all of the monsters are functionally identical'. (please note that the joke does not refer to Power Up, nor Evolutions in any way)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

I said nothing about powers matching in this thread.
I pointed out why they included the old powers, and then made a joke.
The joke consisted of "all of the monsters are functionally identical'. (please note that the joke does not refer to Power Up, nor Evolutions in any way)
Then I guess my misunderstanding stems from you not understanding what The Gas meant by "fully interoperable" since he is clearly referring to evolutions. That is the topic of this thread after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.