Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ben card
United States
ORLANDO
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
so my buddy rob was over at coolstuff in maitland a few days ago. he sends me a picture of a copy of Call of the Wild and says its just sitting on the shelf in the game area. luckily i texted him in time for him to go back in the store to pick it up for me. the price $44.99

my lucky day. supposedly the found a copy laying around in the warehouse and put it upfront for sale. I see it going for $220 on ebay now.

just thought i'd share my lucky find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
You can sell it as well, and buy the upcoming figure collection and other games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't imagine people are actualy paying that price for it. You can place it on eBay for thousands of dollars, but if it doesn't sell, that makes no difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
Can't imagine people are actualy paying that price for it. You can place it on eBay for thousands of dollars, but if it doesn't sell, that makes no difference.

There's been at least one recent completed sale of it for $202, though $180 or so is more typical right now for a sealed copy. Highest I've seen was $265, but that was several weeks back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I would consider that an investment to cover the cost of the upcoming expansions. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben card
United States
ORLANDO
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
i just picked up the first edition days before the announcement of the second edition from a fellow geek for 60. want to use for both versions. plus can't wait to paint dunwich horror.i was one of those looking to pick it up from ebay before they revealed the expansions for second edition.

fate i guess. im just surprised that coolstuff didnt try to sell it for much more tho, like they did with xia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd sell it as well. Mostly because the expansion from FFG includes CoTW and Forbidden Alchemy. Even selling it for a bit more than what you paid would pay for the one expansion.

Edit: Or try and find a copy of FA for a good price

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The figure and tile packs have those things, but not the scenarios or other components from the original expansions. I already have Forbidden Alchemy, and was lucky enough to find a copy of Call of the Wild in a local store for MSRP. Snapped it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to find on ebay for $95 (+$20 shipping), and it was a buy it now!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had previously bid $140+ (and didn't win), so I was happy to get at this price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.