Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First I joined a game of Expedition. We played with five players which, like most games, makes the game more tactical than strategic. This game can handle it well though and I have no problem playing it with as many as six. George started out strong in the game by placing all of his chips in Asia and then keeping the blue expedition in the continent. It didn't hurt that most of us had points to pick up there as well. We sort of helped him out. George managed to pick up all of his chips first, well before most of us had even gotten two chips. It was looking like an early slaughter.

The red expedition wandered west through northern Asia and briefly into North America. The yellow expedition first went west into North America, then southwest into Oceania and then finally into South America where it eventually petered out in the middle of the Atlantic. The blue expedition did finally manage to migrate south, exploring Africa, skirting along Antarctica and then finishing in southeast Asia. We were playing by a different rules interpretation than I have in my game and we were confused by what was going on in the game. The rules we were using said that only one color could be place along any one black line. This effectively stymied the red line and we were left with most of the red arrows unplayed. We only later discovered the translation error. As it was it seemed like a good time for the game to end so we tallied our scores. Almost all of us we able to claim our four chips. I was fortunate to only have two cards in my hand at the end and earned twelve points. George had visited as many places as I had but more of those were the common cards and he ended with four cards in his hand. It turned out that my 12 points were enough to win the game. Everyone had at least nine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.