Subject: Any chance of World's Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian C
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any chance we get the treat of FFG making a full alt-art Worlds deck like they just released for Netrunner?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be awesome. Nothing has been announced, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A chance, sure. Almost certainly FFG will be waiting to see how well the Netrunner ones sell and what feedback they get once people get their hands on them.

It's also possible that they still decide SW LCG is too small a market compared to the bigger LCGs like Netrunner and Game of Thrones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure hope this happens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the would be a great way for new players to try out SWLCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be worth buying just for the extra copies of May the Force Be With You, never mind all the awesome new artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
Come to the dark side we got cookies.
mbmbmbmbmb
anyway we can find a list of the decks? So we can make our own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zebani200 wrote:
anyway we can find a list of the decks? So we can make our own?

2015 World Champion Tom Melucci`s decks:

Dark Side - Scum Affiliation

The Emperor's Web x2
Counsel of the Sith x2
Fall of the Jedi x2
Behind the Black Sun x2
All Out Brawl
Agent of the Emperor

Light Side - Jedi Affiliation

A Hero's Beginning x2
A Hero's Trial x2
The Survivors x2
May the Force Be With You x2
A Journey to Dagobah
Mysteries of the Rim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much where did u get this info? Do you by any chance have the no:2 and 3 as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zebani200 wrote:
Thank you so much where did u get this info? Do you by any chance have the no:2 and 3 as well?

I'm on CardGameDB, where the vast majority of online SW:LCG discussion occurs. The decks were posted by the Fully Operational podcast last year after Worlds. (See the YouTube desciption of the below video.) Here are the rest of the top 3 for you:

David Tietze (2nd place)

Light Side - Jedi Affiliation

Forgotten Heroes x2
The Forgotten Masters x2
The Flight of the Crow x2
Mysteries of the Rim
A Hero's Journey

Dark Side - Sith Affiliation

Fall of the Jedi x2
The Emperor's Web x2
Plan of the Prophetess x2
Counsel of the Sith x2
Brothers of the Sith x2

Zach Bunn (3rd place)

Light Side - Smugglers and Spies Affiliation

A Hero's Journey
A Hero's Beginning
Questionable Contacts
Along the Gamor Run
The Secret of Yavin 4
Watchers in the Wasteland
Asteroid Sanctuary
The Survivors

Dark Side - Imperial Navy Affiliation

The Tarkin Doctrine x2
Imperial Entanglements x2
Might of the Empire x2
Deploy the Fleet x2
Imperial Blockade
Sabotage in the Snow

And here are all three of them discussing the tournament and other relevant topics at the time.

Note that the meta has evolved quite a bit since last year's World Championships. Let me know if you want the winning decks from the 2016 North American Championships held earlier this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ege Tunca
Turkey
istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:

Note that the meta has evolved quite a bit since last year's World Championships. Let me know if you want the winning decks from the 2016 North American Championships held earlier this month.

How can I say no to that?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zebani200 wrote:
sdrewthomson wrote:

How can I say no to that?

Thank you

2016 North American Champion Josh Johnson's decks:

Dark Side - Scum Affiliation

Power of the Dark Side x2
The Emperor's Web
The Plan of the Prophetess
The Killing Cold
Dark Lord of the Sith
Schemes and Intrigues
Hunter for Hire
The Spice Trade
Masterful Manipulation

Light Side - Smugglers and Spies Affiliation

Asteroid Sanctuary x2
May the Force be With You x2
A Hero's Journey
A Hero's Trial
Along the Gamor Run
The False Report
Heroes and Legends
Watchers in the Wasteland
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas DB
Belgium
Brussels, City of Colours
flag msg tools
Maybe it's my googling skills, but this is quite frankly the only place I can find any lists of Worlds (though cardgamedb is down at the moment), never mind Worlds of this year. What happened there? No reports or general impressions? It's almost like nobody cares about the event, which shouldn't be what FFG wants. There's no competitive scene here as people just play whatever they feel like, but it would be nice to see what others come up with instead of making every deck from the ground up.

Would love full art cards too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I pretty much rely on CGDB for all things SW:LCG. Hopefully it's back up soon.

Having said that, Brad Emon won the event. Just going from memory I think he was on Jedi (featuring Heroes and Legends x2!) and Navy Star Destroyers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nizidramaniiyt wrote:
Maybe it's my googling skills, but this is quite frankly the only place I can find any lists of Worlds (though cardgamedb is down at the moment)...
They were all on CardgameDB unfortunately. I have my own copy of the data, but unfortunately not in a format that I can easily copy & paste here - I'll see if I can pull that together since the usual source is down.

In the meantime, I can give you the Worlds 2016 decklists for the champ (Brad Emon):

Light Side - Jedi
2 x May the Force Be With You
2 x A Hero's Journey
2 x Heroes and Legends
2 x The Survivors
2 x Forgotten Masters

Dark Side - Navy
2 x Tarkin Doctrine
2 x Enforced Loyalty
2 x Might of the Empire
2 x Endor Entrapment
1 x Imperial Blockade
1 x Entrenched Defenses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also you can find a lot of great coverage about Worlds 2016 from The Shadow Archive:

https://theshadowarchive.net/worlds-2016/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the lists were up on cardgamedb. I can't speak for anyone else that made the top 16 as I can only remember a handful of the lists, but I DO know my own decks that made the top 16:

Smugglers
2 May the Force Be With You
Core Luke
BTS Luke
Balance Obi
Kyle
Kanan
Owen Lars
Millennium Falcon
Gamor

Scum
2 Xizor
2 new Dengar
BTS Fett
Ephant Mon
Snoova
Jabba's Rancor
Slavers
Corrupt Officials

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Howland
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoda an was kind enough to repost the world decklists on the FFG forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the downtime folks, CardGameDB is back up and running on a new server so the issues that have been going on recently should be fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.