Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
Two questions, first about rules.

1) Tower Tiles rule says "if a player takes possession of a palace directly adjacent to a wall connected to a tower, he ... takes the tower tile."

What about this situation? Buildings are places in a corner near a tower, with No Walls up. I place another building into this configuration, then place a Rooftop and claim a Palace. Still No Walls. A few turns later, I place a Wall that is adjacent to my palace. Do I now get the Tower Tile?

The rules do not seem to cover this at all. The third paragraph refers to a situation where there is already a "wall component." In my example, there are No Walls when the Palace was claimed.

In my situation, can I ONLY get the tower tile by adding wall segments and then adding a Stable adjacent to a new wall segment?

2) Strategy related to walls

In my game today, no one built any wall segments at all until late in the game. Why would we? -- they are very risky until you know who is scoring where. Is this typical?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
1) You get the tower tile as soon as that configuration of building-next-to-wall is made, whether the building or the wall was built first. The same goes for anyone who builds a wall/building combo on that same wall later on, and steals the tower tile

2) When you take the tower tile, you also get the merchants sitting on that tile, which are very good for stalling as space becomes more precious. Even if someone takes the tower tile later on, the first possessor of that tile keeps the merchants. There may be other reasons too (I haven't got a good grasp of the strategy of this game yet!), but that's the first to come to mind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
Yes, you make a good point about the merchants on the Tower Tiles. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.