Popular Tags: [View All]
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrenal Frenzy says "Reveal the top 3 cards of your Draw Pile. From the revealed cards, you may add all Apex cards to your hand and discard the rest." If you have fewer than 3 cards left in your draw pile, do you get to shuffle your discards to create the new draw pile and keep revealing until you reach 3 cards? Or are you limited to what's actually in your draw pile when you first play the card? I've been reshuffling and revealing a total of 3, but then second-guessed myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As with the Egg question, I believe you played this correctly. Page 21 of the rulebook states:

Quote:
If you don’t have any cards left in your draw pile and you still need to draw more cards, shuffle all cards in your Discard Pile to form a new Draw Pile. Then draw the rest of the cards you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Typically, in almost all deck building games, the rule of thumb is that if you ever have to draw a card, for any reason, and your deck is empty, you shuffle your discard to make a new deck. David posted the quote to confirm, but it is very rare in a deck building game for this to not be the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.What made me question it was the use of "reveal" instead of "draw." It's proven to be such a strong card that I wanted to make sure I wasn't abusing it. I'll keep playing as I have been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Gans
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
And never include cards that have been played this turn as part of your discards. If you play a lean deck, it is not too difficult to run out of cards to draw -- when you do, then I guess you just do all that you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean
msg tools
mbmb
You're all correct. And yes, Adrenal Frenzy is an amazing card. It's one of the very few "Do whatever it takes to buy this" cards, as far as we're concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.