Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeff slaga
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
early in the rulebook it says u may choose which type of production on an "open" node.... but later it seems to constrain the choice to first production, second research, and third culture.

I had this explained by GF9 folks but their interpretation did not make logical sense. The way they explained it made it seem like red/blue..then always red next. Why not just print red instead of gray is this is the case?

I interpret the conflicting rules in book to mean that u can choose whatever u want for gray "open" nodes but if u want two reds than u must build then first and second-then the next must be blue (if the icons are red/blue/gray). In this example if u wanted two blue then u would build one red first then the two blue. And to continue-as the rulebook states, u would build red/blue then yellow if culture was your open selection.

I think this is needlessly complex- we plan on just saying that u can build whatsever u want with gray opens...at any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Priority Order" to which you're referring ONLY applies to selecting the nodes for a Warp-Capable Civilization exploration card.

When you control a system, you can build in whatever order you want. You don't have to follow the priority order chart. Also, yes, the gray "open" spot can be filled with any of the three resource node types.

Also of note, you can replace the resource node that's in an open slot by just buying a new node and swapping it out. (See the last couple of sentences on page 8 of the rulebook for this point.) So even if the open spot was filled due to a warp-capable civilization, you can replace the node after you control the system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chris is correct, when you find a warp-capable civ during exploration you must follow the indicated order to develop the nodes of this civ, but once you control the planet yourself, you can freely choose what to put on the open node.

you will see that the order of development is repeated on the exploration card, while on each faction's summary card there is no such indication on the 'building' side of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
To add onto this, let's say you have a planet with a red slot, a blue slot, and a grey slot.

If you get a warp 3 civilization you would have to fill all 3 nodes. You have to fill the nodes in priority order, so you build all of the red nodes that are possible, than blue, then yellow.

In this example, you can build two possible red nodes on the red and grey slot, and 1 blue node on the blue spot.

If you just have a warp 2 on the same planet, I believe that you would have to fill the red and grey slots with red nodes.

If you encounter this planet and it's a virgin world, you can fill any slots in any order. You don't have to build a red slot first. You could build a blue, or a yellow node on the grey slot, or any other variation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.