5 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: So my first Expansion arrives soon. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walt B
msg tools
mbmb
I have just the core set using the pretty successful 3 sphere "killer" deck.
Since khazad-dum arrives this week I was unsure what to expect having only played a handful of Games.
Would I consider basically keeping my original deck adding select cards from khazad ? Or something else?
New user appreciation for the patience and help!

Walt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 40 or so games in the core before moving on to Shadows of Mirkwood. This was purely for getting mechanics down and really getting the most out of that set (I already had everything through the Dwarrowdelf cycle bought). So I guess replaying the scenarios a bunch.

As to building with the new set, there aren't a ton of new cards so you are still limited in your building. Many of the player cards in KD are pretty good though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that you've played a few games you should have a fair idea of how you like to play and what cards work. When you get your new set, have a look at the player cards. Those that you like the look of, put into your deck, swapping out those that you don't find as useful. Then, try the deck out.

If the deck doesn't work against the quest, why? Was there something you could have done differently? Was the draw from the encounter deck just particularly bad? Or do you need to change some of the cards in your deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love to see new folks enjoying the game!

Feel free to get yourself a Lord of the Rings micro-badge on me, if you like.

https://boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/16977
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt B
msg tools
mbmb
elitusprime wrote:
Love to see new folks enjoying the game!

Feel free to get yourself a Lord of the Rings micro-badge on me, if you like.

https://boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/16977

Wow.. definitely thanks Brent !

Looking forward to my next adventure..thanks guys for all the input. Much appreciated !

Walt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.