2 Posts

Concordia» Forums » General

Subject: Making my own illustrated cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos López
msg tools
Hi everybody.

I like Concordia a lot, but theres one thing that drives me nuts about it: the cards don't have pictures! Nowadays we're being spoiled regarding the aspect of games, and its a shame that such a great game doesn't have equally good art. I can deal with the ugly cover, but you spend about half the game looking at your hand of cards, and they're not pretty either, as opposed to the board which I find very pleasing. I have a feeling these text-only cards are also related to the main complaint people have about Concordia, saying its very "dry".

So Im thinking about making my own illustrated cards!

The problem is I'm terrible at drawing, so I'll have to use pictures from other sources.
This is an sketch I made this morning using a picture from 7 Wonders leaders. It has no text and the picture isn't really appropiate for the Prefect, but you get the idea.

So far, I think the 7 Wonders is the best way to get these images, and I think I could probably find at least 1 that would fit well each of the cards in Concordia. But if anyone knows of other sources or artists which would fit, I'd like to hear about them!

Also I'll have to think how to deal with the text on the cards, maybe design a handful of icons to replace it, and who knows what else. I can't promise that I'll finish the project, but if I do I'll upload the files here (unless some copyright bs* stops me from doing so). My photoshop skills are limited and this won't be easy, so if anyone wants to help, it would be appreciated. Any ideas of how to deal with icons/text would be welcome too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Mero
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deus might also so have some good pictures to use. My first impression is that you'll want to make the pictures smaller on the cards. They should probably only take up about about the top half since you'll need to fit icons and likely some type and that could get cluttered fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.