Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Laeveren
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I just bought this game because I love the idea. I like playing Avalon (the resistance), I also like cash 'n guns. I also see some ingridients of Intrige. I am a pretty good Avalon and Intrige player. I also know what I need to say when discussions about the vote arise).

In a couple weeks, I will invite some friends to play this game. Probably we will have 8 or 9 players.

I just wonder how it works in the 90 available seconds before deciding the vote?

How area alliances formed? How did it go in the games you played?

Discussion can be open or not. It's hard to imagine that someone says: let's kill person A...

Do you leave the table with 2 or 3 other players to make deals? Or do you use other tricks?

Greets,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest is positional. The people you're sitting near are easiest to ally with because you can secretly choose someone farther away, show their card to everyone near you, and vote them out. So the people across the table know you've allied, but they don't know who you're targeting.

The question is when you'll turn on each other. :D

Believe me, when you get the game going people will come up with all kinds of creative ways to ally/communicate/miscommunicate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lavallee
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of displaying cards. It's a good way to get the information across quickly and it limits the amount of miscommunication that can happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Laeveren
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What you mean with displaying cards? Putting your vote cards on the table?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Avalon18A wrote:
What you mean with displaying cards? Putting your vote cards on the table?

You can use cards from your Voting hand to flash a target player's color. Or place it below the table. or over someone's head. You could get up and walk over to whisper in someone's ear or text them. Everything is legal in conspiring and communicating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Enns
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First game I played one person blatantly said " Lets kill blue"
Well, he was the first person targetted and taken out.

This game is great. Alliances happen organically.
One word of advice, "Don't over think it"
Just go with it and you'll have a great time.
I've had daughters betray fathers multiple times, a double betrayal ( one person showed someone next to them to get orange, then showed everyone else this person beside thems color, vote comes down she was the only one that targetted orange and everybody else targetted her)
One more thing, if you are looking for people to ally with and nobody is making eye contact with you, you are probably going to be targetted, good time to play your ambush card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.