Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom black
United States
santa monica
California
flag msg tools
Hello,

We are on an Ars Victor kick again but want to try something different.

We have a bunch of MechWarrior Clicks running around and would like to convert them for use in a Ars Victor based game.

Has anyone done the basic math on the units cost or at the least the base before playtesting adjustments.

Thanks

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooh sounds cool! I have a boat load of these and that sounds like a blast! I have played Abbadon in the past, command and colors but with mechs but traded it for something else and sort of regretted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bott
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That DOES sound cool. We've printed double-sized hex maps before and used WH40K miniatures instead of counters and chits. Individual minis would be removed as the unit took damage. It was pretty fun-enhancing, though it required referencing the rulebook for unit abilities and thus stretched out the game a bit.

Are you talking about the existing units cost? Stephen tried making a unit builder at one point and we discovered it was really hard to assign abilities a consistent value because the matrix of movement, hit points, range, dice, and target were all so variable.

Or maybe I misunderstood the question

I love anything that allows the use of miniatures with Ars Victor rules! How can we help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom black
United States
santa monica
California
flag msg tools
Anything that would give a base line would help, I guess I can plug the stats into excel and infer a base.

Current thought is each unit would be a Mech, the command cards would represent different command structures within the force, lances/stars/companies.

The mech translate fairly well into Ars Victor stats. Short range weapon capably gives assault ability, jump = jump, walk/run = green/yellow, missiles = indirect, light mech would get take cover, heavies/assaults would get hold ground, etc.

Thinking of doing the "Talon" thing and printing the stats on the bases along with a damage track.

Thanks

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bott
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The baseline we typically use when thinking about designing new units is the Medium. 4 points is sort of the 'average' unit, generally capable of many things but not great at any one thing.

So, if you're wholesale replacing all the units you could come up with your baseline mech (Rifleman?) and assign him the cost of 4 and appropriate abilities. Then when looking at other mechs you at least have a stake in the ground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.