Corps Command: Dawn's Early Light – Red Hammer» Forums » General

Subject: WWIII Environment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Does this game have any relation to the World at War series, in terms of being set in the same WWIII environment and with the same background story?

or is it completely independent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Corps Command map has a city called "Eisenbach", which is used in the World at War series, so I assume it's the same background.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
The reason I asked the question is that I know that the World at War series is being re-envisaged with a new background storyline which makes the old one I imagine redundant.

From what I can see though the CC game looks to be a standalone one so it might not integrate with the new WaW series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be my guess as well. I haven't compared the fictional map to a real map. I wonder if the cities in the game are just renames of existing cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Beckler
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a few of the WaW games as well as CC-DEL. The games do share the same broad historical environment of a mid-1980s WW 3 scenario. Some of the later WaW products starting diverging a bit from that timeline or changing the time period or theater. The map in WaW Eisenbach Gap and CC-DEL are fictional but are based on typical terrain for central & southern West Germany - the likely conflict theater for US and Soviet Pact formations. I think some of the other WaW games that focused on British or West German areas of responsibilities have maps more in line with northern West Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the info guys on this, do you know if there will be any more CC focused on WWIII will this be the only one, as the latest edition comes with the earlier expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua O'Connor
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
That would be my guess as well. I haven't compared the fictional map to a real map. I wonder if the cities in the game are just renames of existing cities?

No, designer says terrain and cities are made up. A German player says the German town names are actually quite amusing to a German person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.