Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Feathers
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm, this is sad news, but ah well. Thanks for pointing this out--gives me an update as to when I should realistically be looking for this to arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wolf
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully they are just planning for the worst and we might still get in September. I've only had customs holds add a week or so in the past.

At least it isn't lost at sea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy they told us now instead of waiting to release the info. I'm ready to play, but I can wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hauge
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Playing and reviewing the BGG Top 100
mbmbmbmbmb
wolffrostbrew wrote:
Hopefully they are just planning for the worst and we might still get in September. I've only had customs holds add a week or so in the past.

Yeah I imagine that they don't want to have to push back the shipping estimate a second time so they are probably erring on the side of caution. They said the customs delay added 2 weeks, yet the previous estimate of "late August to mid September" went to "early October".

Still, I think it's wise to take their advice and set your expectations at early October. Don't get your hopes up that it will come any sooner than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm confused...the boat arrived with all the games last week, but it is going to take over a month to get through customs and to PHG to ship to me? That seems way longer than necessary. If customs happens to take 2 weeks, that means that by the end of next week, PHG should have them, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
much0gust0 wrote:
I'm confused...the boat arrived with all the games last week, but it is going to take over a month to get through customs and to PHG to ship to me? That seems way longer than necessary. If customs happens to take 2 weeks, that means that by the end of next week, PHG should have them, right?

There are additional links in the chain between games in customs and games in the mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
joepinion wrote:
much0gust0 wrote:

There are additional links in the chain between games in customs and games in the mail.

So what you're saying is that the links in the chain are...anchoring...my game from getting to me? Silly boats...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up! I have been hemming and hawing about ordering but I will probably do it tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the normal MSRP? I have been going back and forth not really sure if I need coins for a legacy game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KHAAAAAAAAN!

whiskemuscles wrote:
What is the normal MSRP? I have been going back and forth not really sure if I need coins for a legacy game.

Normal MSRP, to my understanding, is $80. The preorder price is also $80, but comes with the metal coins as a bonus. You can also order from third party sites, in which case you will (probably) pay somewhat less, but won't get the metal coins. You may also get your game a bit later than preorder through PHG. Up to you what the best option for you is. If you don't care about the coins and don't mind waiting a bit longer, you can save money.

One thing to note, though, is that it looks to me as though the coins are nice looking but also sufficiently generic that they could be used in many other games, once you've finished with SeaFall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
much0gust0 wrote:

I'm going to guess that they are being pessimistic and allowing "up to" a month in customs (which happens, to my understanding). If you then add another 1-2 weeks to account for the remainder of the journey to PHG and prepping the shipments to us, that gets us to "early October". That's the only way I can get the timeline to make sense.

I'm further hoping that the estimate proves to be pessimistic, and that customs clears more quickly than feared (I've also heard of customs delays clearing in less than a week). If so, perhaps we could be back to as early as mid-September, or thereabouts.

We can but dream, right?

My dream is always the same.
Far to the east, the Plaid Hat Games crew tapes my copy of SeaFall into its shipping box.
I feel the pull of the shipping notice, of gaming experiences unspoiled that lie down the street, at IHOP.
I know that entertainment untold will be mine if I can but get that damn package onto a delivery truck first.
The greatest glory shall be mine (beyond the pittance shared with my competition).

Or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Or, you know, just read Joe's reply that there are other parts in the chain between customs and your doorstep.

joepinion wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
My first child is due October 5th.

I'll open a book on which comes first.

(Someone else can open a book on which one I'm looking forward to more.)

(@Becq - no, the child will not be called Bob the Traveller).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
benmartell wrote:

Today's internet winner!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
People are severely overestimating the States' truck-based logistic network. I'd be amazed if it even took a week to get the shipment from customs into PHG's warehouse, to say nothing of inventorying , picking and sub-distribution. October seems to be a bit later than I'd expect, but it might just be them covering all their bases.

Now if only I knew how many are gonna make it to Essen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benmartell wrote:
My first child is due October 5th.

I'll open a book on which comes first.

(Someone else can open a book on which one I'm looking forward to more.)

Robert Perry Martell, perhaps? (Perry=Wanderer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solo Kiwi
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Looked at preordering but they were asking same price for postage as the game. Works out to be $200 locally with the exchange rate. So no preorder for me. Hopefully Seafall will be available at retail for the holidays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wolffrostbrew wrote:

That would have been both sad and hilarious. "Unfortunately, SeaFall is delayed due to...falling in the sea."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
wolffrostbrew wrote:

That would have been both sad and hilarious. "Unfortunately, SeaFall is delayed due to...falling in the sea."

Or pirates! Arrr... arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wolf
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
wolffrostbrew wrote:

Or pirates! Arrr... arrrh

I think that is why they didn't tell us what boat it was on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.