Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Steam: Map Expansion #3» Forums » Rules

Subject: Singapore - Earning money rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a condition, that player pays expenses only if performed additional action.
Does it mean, that also earning money for Income Track also depends on performing additional action?

And about incomplete links - we count all, single and double, tokens and then pay $1 for each pair?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WRSZS wrote:
There is a condition, that player pays expenses only if performed additional action.
Does it mean, that also earning money for Income Track also depends on performing additional action?

If you do not take the additional action, you neither receive income nor pay expenses. By taking the additional action, you trigger the Pay Expenses phase (with 1/2 positive income).

WRSZS wrote:
And about incomplete links - we count all, single and double, tokens and then pay $1 for each pair?

Each stack is counted individually, so two stacks of one and a stack of two will cost you $3.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm still confused.

Original rules says:
"If you have any marked incomplete links, pay $1 for each stack of two"
So in your example I'd pay rather $2 (or even $1 - only one stack of two!)

Omnibus (revised rules) are more interesting:
"If you have any marked incomplete links, pay $1 for each stack of 2, rounded up"
What does it mean 'rounded up' in this rule? And 'each stack of 2'?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
WRSZS wrote:
Well, I'm still confused.

Original rules says:
"If you have any marked incomplete links, pay $1 for each stack of two"
So in your example I'd pay rather $2 (or even $1 - only one stack of two!)


Right. But it seems rounding up was intended.

Quote:

Omnibus (revised rules) are more interesting:
"If you have any marked incomplete links, pay $1 for each stack of 2, rounded up"
What does it mean 'rounded up' in this rule? And 'each stack of 2'?


Take stack size.
Divide by 2.
Round up.

Perform this for each stack.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So... There is a question from another my thread:

"If I don't extend such double signed incomplete link it stays with double tokens (for paying $1) or I lose it as in general rules?"

So, I suppose, that on Singapore map there is no rule about losing control on incomplete links. Instead of it, player must pay for such links.

Well, if I left link incomplete, I must build higher and higher stack of tokens? And (in theory) it is possible, that such stack will be 3, 4 or more pieces? And pay $2 (for 3/4), #3 (for 5/6) etc.

mfl134 wrote:
Take stack size.
Divide by 2.
Round up.

Perform this for each stack.

But normally I just pay $1 for each incomplete link.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.