Hide
9 Posts

7 Wonders Duel» Forums » General

Subject: Is the masonry token broken? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B Varzi
msg tools
I have the feeling the masonry token is a bit useless. Of course, I'm saying this because I lost this token cry.

So, what are your thoughts about the masonry token? How often do you chose it?

P.S. How broken do you think the game is in this state missing the blue token? Also, any ideas how to get a new one?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you hardly have any resources, the masonry token can be very useful to get sth going in Age 2.
I prefer other tokens, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Varzi
msg tools
Yup, fair point. Thank you for your interest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you talking about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tinney
Australia
Whyalla Jenkins
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't appreciate the clickbait title of this thread. Perhaps "Does a missing Masonry token break the game?" would have been more appropriate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are talking about the Masonry Progression Token you can receive from building 2 matching Science cards. It gives you a 2 resource discount on Blue Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manary Corte
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Best game of all time...
badge
...Twilight Imperium 3!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the absence of the masonry token certainly increases the odds of getting good progress tokens at the setup and when building the Library of Alexandria.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Varzi
msg tools
Penguinised wrote:
I really don't appreciate the clickbait title of this thread. Perhaps "Does a missing Masonry token break the game?" would have been more appropriate?

Apologies, but I was under the impression that the masonry is a being used as a last resort tactic. I mean, it's used once in a blue moon. Sorry for misguiding you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used it before.

If your opponent is playing a very aggressive resource denial game (locking you out of a specific resource or two, discarding yellow cards that would help you to compensate, etc.), and you decide to retaliate the same way by blocking another resource, the token can get handy to avoid being hosed on points in the endgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.