$30.00
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this question in the Flame of the West forums about a week and a half ago but didn't get much notice so I'm trying again here.

Does anyone know if there is a specific reason Amazon hasn't stocked this yet? It's been available on Coolstuffinc for a couple of weeks now. I've been holding off hoping for the free shipping but if Amazon isn't getting it for some reason then I'll just bite the bullet and pay the shipping somewhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Idk, maybe amazon isn't an authorized FFG/ANA online retailer for new releases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Patrick is alluding to is that FFG's merger to Asmodee has now restricted who can sell FFG games (and for how much). A vendor has to be an authorized game shop to sell FFG and Asmodee games online. Amazon, especially 3rd party vendors selling on Amazon for greater discount, are exactly the type of resellers Asmodee wants to stop.

Yeah, that's going to really limit our options where we can buy games. What you see on Amazon and other online shops are probably remaining stock they have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'd be surprised if that's it? It seems that if anybody would continue to be a priority seller for ANA it would be Amazon. I saw they have the new Mansions of Madness and that's a pretty recent release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really just guessing I don't have any idea. SecoAce is pointing out third party sellers on Amazon, though, not Amazon itself, which is an important distinction. Amazon could still sell, potentially comma and I think it would be in FFG's best interest, but I don't know if they're on "the list" or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no, for sure. I totally see what you mean. I'm sorry if I sounded rude or something. I absolutely didn't mean anything that way. The kooky ANA stuff was the first thing I thought of too, but like I said I just didn't think Amazon would be affected. The third party stuff is a good point though. I hadn't considered how often when I buy something through them it's not "Amazon" selling it to me per se.

It just seems so weird. They have a listing for the Drowned Ruins which isn't out yet but Flame has been out for a little while now and nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toliveischrist77 wrote:
Oh no, for sure. I totally see what you mean. I'm sorry if I sounded rude or something.
It just seems so weird. They have a listing for the Drowned Ruins which isn't out yet but Flame has been out for a little while now and nothing.

No not at all.
Yeah that is odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I was in the same situation, and finally just ordered from CSI. The price was lower than Amazon reseller's typical price, and shipping was only $5.

(Note: I also added Drowned Ruins, but since it's still on preorder nothing has shipped yet. CSI's policy is apparently to wait until everything is available to ship.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lanser
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally saw it on Amazon yesterday via a third party seller (not sure on the name of the seller), but when I saw it, they only had one copy left. And it wasn't free or Prime shipping. I quick added it to my wishlist (so at least I have an Amazon listing in case more pop up now), but after about 15 minutes, they were gone and listed as "Currently Unavailable".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
secoAce wrote:
What Patrick is alluding to is that FFG's merger to Asmodee has now restricted who can sell FFG games (and for how much). A vendor has to be an authorized game shop to sell FFG and Asmodee games online. Amazon, especially 3rd party vendors selling on Amazon for greater discount, are exactly the type of resellers Asmodee wants to stop.

Yeah, that's going to really limit our options where we can buy games. What you see on Amazon and other online shops are probably remaining stock they have.

Wow, that really sucks if true!

But that explains why you can't even find the Dream-chaser cycle from Bookdepository. Bookdepository was so great place to buy from since you could almost guarantee you get the latest print of the pack you were buying, you could actually find every pack that's made and it's around 30% cheaper than buy from stores here. Things might be totally different in US though.

Well jokes on them, since the sad fact is I just wont buy that many FFG products now on because of above reasons. There's just that much money I'm willing to spend on boardgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
The strange thing is that Book Depository restocks the products up to the last one they got, and the prices fluctuate wildly. One day the price starts at a little less than I'd pay locally (close to US RRP), then later in the day I get a price alert from them and it's dropped 20%.

BD is also a part of the Amazon family, so this whole mess is weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lanser
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have good news and bad news. The good news is I found it on Amazon again from a third party seller. The bad news is, they're the only one, they're selling it for just over $30 and then they're charging another $15 in shipping. So...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.