Agricola: Family Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Feeding Phase question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carduelis
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm new to Agricola and this is my first experience with the game.
I have some questions about the Feeding Phase.
From the rules: "If you have 2 people on the same action space they require 3 food instead of 4."
But before the Harvest we had the Returning Home Phase and people are at home.
Is it "If you have 2 people on the same room they require 3 food instead of 4." instead ?

Is it possible to have more than 2 people in one room after turn 12?
An if so, what will be the required food?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Christiansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Feeding fase question
I think it is an error in the rules.

The point is that the newly acquired meeple is a "newborn/child" that only requires 1 food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
They mean two people on the same ACTION space which can ONLY be the 'Wish for Children' OR 'Urgent Wish For Children' spaces :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyboydell wrote:
They mean two people on the same ACTION space which can ONLY be the 'Wish for Children' OR 'Urgent Wish For Children' spaces :-)

This is the intention, but Pedro is right, the order of operations as described in the rules don't make sense at all. They tell you to have your workers return home, and then define feeding requirements in terms of the action spaces they no longer occupy.

I can easily see how anyone not already familiar with Agricola would be very confused by how these rules are written.

I foresee this question being asked over and over again. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carduelis
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So if i understand correctly, only when we take people (during the Return Home Phase ) from action space 5 or 12, the required food (during harvest )is 3. The newborn/child only needs 1 food. After that round the newborn/child grows up and if there's more people in one room then they'll need 2 food each.
Thank you once again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carduelis wrote:
So if i understand correctly, only when we take people (during the Return Home Phase ) from action space 5 or 12, the required food (during harvest )is 3. The newborn/child only needs 1 food. After that round the newborn/child grows up

This part is correct.

Quote:
and if there's more people in one room then they'll need 2 food each.
Thank you once again.

I'm not sure what you mean here exactly. The number of people in a room on your board has nothing to do with how much food they require.

Here's another way to look at it: Every family member requires two food. The only exception is if they are brand new and have NEVER taken an action of their own (in which case they need only one food). Once a family member has been used, they will require TWO food at every subsequent harvest.

Also remember, action five is only allowed if you have an empty room for your new family member. Only action 12 allows you to get people you don't have room for (and this alone lets you put multiple people in the same room on your board), but again, that has no effect on feeding (or anything else, for that matter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carduelis
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you very much for the clarification.
I understand that each person requires 2 food even if they share the same room.
The confusion was at the second part of the rule :"If you have 2 people on the same action space they require 3 food instead of 4."
I didn't understand that at all.
I now can play it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carduelis wrote:
Thank you very much for the clarification.
I understand that each person requires 2 food even if they share the same room.
The confusion was at the second part of the rule :"If you have 2 people on the same action space they require 3 food instead of 4."
I didn't understand that at all.
I now can play it correctly.

This is a very good, streamlined and vastly simplified version of Agricola. The rules are pretty vague and in this part misleading too.

To simplify the feeding:

All workers eat two food each at each harvest. "New born" workers (that you retrieved from the main game board for the first time and have never been out to work yet, at the time of the harvest) - only eat one food.

Once a worker has been to work, it will always eat two food at harvest time.

There are way too few sheep in this version even using the multipliers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.