Popular Tags: [View All]
Der_letzte_Ludo
Germany
Konstanz
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right after I watched MiWi's walkthrough I wrote a mail to Feuerland Spiele asking if the misprint will be fixed.
Here's the anwser...

Dirk Schmitz wrote:
Hallo Philipp,

nein es war zu spät dies zu ändern, ob wir das in einer weiteren Auflage ändern,
steht noch nicht fest.

Viele Grüße
Dirk Schmitz

Dirk Schmitz wrote:
Dear Philipp,

no, it was to late to fix it and we haven't decided yet if we will change this in a future printing.

Kind regards,
Dirk Schmitz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunate but not a big deal, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is indeed a misprint, why wouldn't they fix it in a next edition??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Knight wrote:

My guess would be because it is so minor, and changing anything requires time and money, and also introduces another opportunity for something else to get messed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Game Knight wrote:

My guess would be because it is so minor, and changing anything requires time and money, and also introduces another opportunity for something else to get messed up.

Also they probably haven't yet decided to even do a next printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Knight wrote:

So people will buy this printing and not wait for a second one?

<--- buying this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Jenson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought we already took care of this issue non-issue:
miwi wrote:
shampoo4you wrote:
Why is this error so important? Will it affect gameplay?

Not really, let me try to explain:
There is a certain action that lets you take a tile with a "forge tongs" symbol on it. For convenience, all those tiles are grouped together in their own section on the board where the special tiles are stored.
And while the crucifix has the "forge tongs" symbol, it is not grouped together with those other tiles.

So when deciding which tile you want, you have to look beyond that dedicated section. But you have to do that anyway, since the "jewelry" good also has the forge tongs and it is stored in the token tray.

So it is a bit inconvenient, but it does not introduce any inconsistencies (since the rules say "take a tile with the forge tongs symbol" and not "take a tile from that section").

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vetrip wrote:
I thought we already took care of this issue non-issue:
miwi wrote:
shampoo4you wrote:
Why is this error so important? Will it affect gameplay?

Not really, let me try to explain:
There is a certain action that lets you take a tile with a "forge tongs" symbol on it. For convenience, all those tiles are grouped together in their own section on the board where the special tiles are stored.
And while the crucifix has the "forge tongs" symbol, it is not grouped together with those other tiles.

So when deciding which tile you want, you have to look beyond that dedicated section. But you have to do that anyway, since the "jewelry" good also has the forge tongs and it is stored in the token tray.

So it is a bit inconvenient, but it does not introduce any inconsistencies (since the rules say "take a tile with the forge tongs symbol" and not "take a tile from that section").

Hope this helps.

So, basically, to fix the error would require to redesign/drawing of the entire tile board, rather than just removing a symbol on the tile? That would probably be a rather larger cost, time-wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
grant5 wrote:

Exactly. After your first play, you will realize how irrelevant this is. And since it has been printed on the punchboards for all languages, the other editions beside the English one have this already in their rulebooks. So changing it back would cause much more confusion. Case officially closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nan3000 wrote:
grant5 wrote:

Exactly. After your first play, you will realize how irrelevant this is. And since it has been printed on the punchboards for all languages, the other editions beside the English one have this already in their rulebooks. So changing it back would cause much more confusion. Case officially closed.

Perfectly reasonable and understandable. Though calling it a closed case is perhaps being slightly too hopeful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Stürmer
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nan3000 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
[...]Case officially closed.

[...]Though calling it a closed case is perhaps being slightly too hopeful

Ok, you made your statement... but now it is. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panagaeus wrote:
nan3000 wrote:
grant5 wrote:
[...]Case officially closed.

[...]Though calling it a closed case is perhaps being slightly too hopeful

Ok, you made your statement... but now it is. ninja

A) What are you talking about?

B) Your quote attributions are WAY off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Haynes
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What is the misprint? I watched the video and it shows the tongs on it to show that it's to be taken from it. I saw another tile that had the same tong symbol.

Is it just that it was supposed to be in the bottom portion of the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vryllyn wrote:
What is the misprint? I watched the video and it shows the tongs on it to show that it's to be taken from it. I saw another tile that had the same tong symbol.

Is it just that it was supposed to be in the bottom portion of the board?

Correct, the misprint is just it's position on the oval board. The tile itself is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it very strange if this game becomes 'a staple' like Agricola with multiple printings going on for 10+ years. . . . and they will still be printing the board WRONG in each edition just because . . whatever. .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ezel wrote:
I find it very strange if this game becomes 'a staple' like Agricola with multiple printings going on for 10+ years. . . . and they will still be printing the board WRONG in each edition just because . . whatever. .

I'm sure if it becomes as widely played and published as Agricola, they will fix the printing of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christof
Germany
Hirschberg
flag msg tools
Maybe one could see it with this thematical approach: before playing the game the players choose if the crucifix can be forged or not.
Either the game takes place before the starting of the christianization of the vikings. In that case the viking smiths would never forge a symbol of a foreign god (why should they since it doesn't mean anything to them) and the crucifix can only be obtained as part of a plunder (because of course they would take it during a raid because it's made of gold).
Or the game takes place during a time when the christian faith was already accepted and wider spread amongst the vikings. In that case, a viking smith would indeed also forge a crucifix.
Either way, I don't think the gameplay is really affected by it. I think I'd prefer playing as a viking clan which is still true to Odin and Thor (and thus the forging of the crucifix is not possible).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a solution for this!

Flip the oval board over!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is the missprint that the crucifix is in the wrong place or that it has a forge symobl?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
is the missprint that the crucifix is in the wrong place or that it has a forge symobl?

Read five posts above yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ezel wrote:

How about you codify your dismissive "whatever" since it's been explained about 3 times in this thread alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ralph rob
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I can't understand why they say that the crucifix is on the wrong side of the board when it is so evident that the misprint is the forge tongs that should not be on it.

First of all, as somebody pointed out, if those vikings worship Odin, it makes no sense that they forge a crucifix. It is more likely that they get it in a raid.

And second, as we can see on this picture of the prototype, the crucifix has always been on the non-forge side of the board. How could it be possible that, during so many play testings, Uwe never noticed that the crucifix was on the wrong side of the the board and, later, he gave instructions to Dennis Lohausen to put a forge symbol on it and, still, the crucifix remained on the wrong side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milhouse .
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
nan3000 wrote:
grant5 wrote:

"Case officially closed" Speak for yourself! I will never buy this game until that mistake is fixed! Too bad because I played it at my friends house and it is on my buying list. I guess I will have to be buying something else while waiting for this problem to be fixed! At $70 +tx, I expect a much better quality assurance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
MilhouseBGG wrote:
nan3000 wrote:
grant5 wrote:

"Case officially closed" Speak for yourself! I will never buy this game until that mistake is fixed! Too bad because I played it at my friends house and it is on my buying list. I guess I will have to be buying something else while waiting for this problem to be fixed! At $70 +tx, I expect a much better quality assurance.

I tried reading this in the voice of Milhouse Van Houten, but either way I can't tell whether you're serious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this like the wrong-handed Obi-Wan of board games? If so, stock up now and sell for a killing later!!!!

If marketing tactic by the publisher... absolute genius.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.