United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
When I got my copy of Hanabi Deluxe (as it was first released) there were a few scratched tiles which the publisher replaced. Yesterday a game mountain in our spare room collapsed (thanks to the poor quality box which Think Words comes in) and when tidying up I found the replaced pieces which I had kept. Don't worry about Hanabi Deluxe, that wasn't on the mountain but safely on a shelf! The spare tiles were in a box with a few other odd pieces.

Today, when passing the local key cutting shop, I bought a few of the metal loops for keyring (20p each for the big ones!) . I drilled holes in the spare/scratched tiles and converted them to Hanabi Deluxe keyrings. I'm quite happy with the outcome and thought I'd share a photo here. As the tiles are quite thick the hole had to be pretty big to accommodate the curved metal, I'm sure there are better solutions out there but this was a quick approach with the things I had to hand!

I'm hoping that displaying my boardgamer credentials in public with the keyrings might start conversations with other like minded individuals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sinead McKeough
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What a great idea! Love it. I kind of wish I could have one, now laugh I only have the card version of the game, though haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea. I should probably figure out something clever to do with my damaged tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.