Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
ConnCon 2018 March 23, 24, 25 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The best movie you've never seen but really have no interest seeing unless it comes on late at night after SportsCenter Top 10 and there's nothing else on and you can't back to sleep after watching the excitement that is SportsCenter Top 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
ConnCon 2018 March 23, 24, 25 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The best movie you've never seen but really have no interest seeing unless it comes on late at night after SportsCenter Top 10 and there's nothing else on and you can't back to sleep after watching the excitement that is SportsCenter Top 10
No no no no! I kid! I kid!

More likely something like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much anything by Hitchcock. I respect his work, but it just doesn't click with me. Granted, I've only seen two of his films: Psycho (well done, but some parts just don't work, like the guy falling down the stairs and the doctor spelling it all out for us at the end), and Vertigo (a little too slow and plodding at the beginning, but the second half really takes off once Jimmy Stewart's character becomes downright mentally abusive).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mb

Who am I kidding, I've already seen it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Pretty much anything by Hitchcock. I respect his work, but it just doesn't click with me. Granted, I've only seen two of his films: Psycho (well done, but some parts just don't work, like the guy falling down the stairs and the doctor spelling it all out for us at the end), and Vertigo (a little too slow and plodding at the beginning, but the second half really takes off once Jimmy Stewart's character becomes downright mentally abusive).

North by Northwest and Rear Window are IMHO much better than either of the two you named. Psycho is kind of dated to me, and Vertigo is just weird. "The Birds" is another famous hitchcock that didn't work so well for me. Meanwhile, North by Northwest is a light fun spy caper about good looking people, and Rear Window is a slightly less light but still fun crime caper about (mostly) good looking people.

Edit: Mine was Titanic for years until recently when my wife made me watch it. It wasn't all that bad, but wasn't all that great either. The best part for me was the sex scene in the car, because my daughters didn't know what was going on and asked all sorts of difficult questions that made me laugh.

Now...ummmm...I dunno, I'm not into movies enough to even have a list any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Anyone else look at this and think that the title was 2250 in Roman numerals at first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Anyone else look at this and think that the title was 2250 in Roman numerals at first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Also, given the two Xs in front of the L, it's more likely to be 2030 maybe? Or 2010 + 40, which could easily be shortened to MML, but I guess they had a few Xs lying around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
I think I'd rather watch any of those rather than sports center.

I used to watch every day, but Neil Everet would repeat the same goddamn jokes every top ten and I couldn't take it any more. Plus, their hockey coverage sucked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mb
erak wrote:
runtsta wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Also, given the two Xs in front of the L, it's more likely to be 2030 maybe? Or 2010 + 40, which could easily be shortened to MML, but I guess they had a few Xs lying around.

This is much more attention Magic Mike 2 Electric boogaloo should have ever gotten on Chit Chat.

/feels dirty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
runtsta wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Whoops. My bad, X isn't C. I'm definitely the only one who thought 2250 then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is forty years after

but right on the money for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
erak wrote:

North by Northwest and Rear Window are IMHO much better than either of the two you named. Psycho is kind of dated to me, and Vertigo is just weird. "The Birds" is another famous hitchcock that didn't work so well for me. Meanwhile, North by Northwest is a light fun spy caper about good looking people, and Rear Window is a slightly less light but still fun crime caper about (mostly) good looking people.

Edit: Mine was Titanic for years until recently when my wife made me watch it. It wasn't all that bad, but wasn't all that great either. The best part for me was the sex scene in the car, because my daughters didn't know what was going on and asked all sorts of difficult questions that made me laugh.

Now...ummmm...I dunno, I'm not into movies enough to even have a list any more.

Drats, Bill. Are you my twin? I was going to recommend North by Northwest as it is a non-stop action movie (except for like the first 3 minutes)--fantastic. Rear Window is creepy, but definitely worth watching. Strangers on a Train is one of my favorites of his and I recently saw The Lady Vanishes which was intriguing until they let the audience "in" on what is really happening (a bit too early IMO). Hitchcock is hot and cold for me. Inconsistent, rarely bad, often good, sometimes great. Beautiful lead actors though. Grace Kelly, Cary Grant, James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Janet Leigh, Ingrid Bergman, Eva Marie Saint, Kim Novak, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I just looked at it and thought those Roman numerals are just wrong. You can't have 2 X's preceding an L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having "no redeeming social merit"...
"Forced Entry" (1975)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.