Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1) Poor grammar.
2) Bad web site address
3) Putting real email address in this kind of letter would destroy the email address.
4) The medical center has a "division" not a section. And the doctor who wrote the letter isn't listed as a doctor at the medical center.
5) Dr. Bornesteen is affiliated with the medical center but has nothing to do with gastroenterology.
6) Last, according to another doctor- the language of the letter is very strange. (which I've noted). Usually saying someone has "positive" means they do have a condition or problem.
7) Other minor quibbles.

8) P.S. Bit... it looks like one of the doctors in the heading was dead by the date of the letter so why was his name in the letterhead?

caveat: This is a liberal show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

1) Poor grammar.
2) Bad web site address
3) Putting real email address in this kind of letter would destroy the email address.
4) The medical center has a "division" not a section. And the doctor who wrote the letter isn't listed as a doctor at the medical center.
5) Dr. Bornesteen is affiliated with the medical center but has nothing to do with gastroenterology.
6) Last, according to another doctor- the language of the letter is very strange. (which I've noted). Usually saying someone has "positive" means they do have a condition or problem.
7) Other minor quibbles.

8) P.S. Bit... it looks like one of the doctors in the heading was dead by the date of the letter so why was his name in the letterhead?

caveat: This is a liberal show.

This should be easy to confirm/deny. Anyone contact the doctor yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you don't like video there is an article by a doctor on HuffPo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
I thought the letter was incredibly unprofessional and possibly a fake myself. The one way it might be legit is if his Doctor is not a native English speaker. I have one Doctor who is Korean and, wow, when I receive his bills and what not it is crazy. The whole experience of visiting him is crazy, he has no receptionist, he hand writes everything and he goes off on the craziest tangents when your in his office.

But he gives you his home phone number and will squeeze you in if its an emergency. Super nice guy too.

So maybe the Doctor isn't a native English speaker? I dunno, why fake the letter. That just seems weird and unnecessary - but it is Trump so who knows.

One of the many reasons to shake your head about Trump. People on this forum make better anti Hillary arguments than does Trump. Forget speech writers, Trump could use a logical reasoning course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
If you don't like video there is an article by a doctor on HuffPo.

Quote:
After this was originally posted, someone mentioned that Dr. Jacob Bornstein died in 2010.

Was an old doctor’s letter used as a template with the person copying the letterhead not knowing or remembering that the elder Dr. Bornstein had passed away? Is this Dickensian six-year-old letterhead with the name of the deceased still at the top?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mann
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So no mention of bone spurs, the crippling ailment that kept him out of the Vietnam draft?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
the doctor is real, but a little bit of a weirdo. also his father had the practice before him and he's probably still on the letterhead out of respect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
the doctor is real, but a little bit of a weirdo. also his father had the practice before him and he's probably still on the letterhead out of respect.

This is odd..

http://www.mediaite.com/online/meet-harold-bornstein-persona...
Quote:
There’s a lot to unpack here, so let’s look at Trump’s announcement first. He (Trump) writes on Facebook that he is “proud to share this report,” which he claims was “written by the highly respected Dr. Jacob Bornstein of Lenox Hill Hospital.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump has repeatedly mixed up the dead doctor's name with his son's. That's not so odd since the dead guy was his doctor for a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not that worried that it is fake, I could care less, but I do think it is delicious that it is being treated with the same pedantic scrutiny that he brought to Obama's birth certificate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's achieved pendantic attention by a few pendantic people.

But really, it's so overboard that it should have received more attention. Hell, the letter sounds like it was written or dictated personally by trump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it mention his gargantuan hands?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with Trump is that things like this, which would normally be disqualifyingly bad, are just minor details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The funny thing is probably he brought this on himself by making Hillary's health such a big deal. This man is really too stupid for words

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a tremendous letter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
It's achieved pendantic attention by a few pendantic people.

But really, it's so overboard that it should have received more attention. Hell, the letter sounds like it was written or dictated personally by trump.

I definitely raised an eyebrow or two at the end of the letter when it declared that, if elected, Trump would be "the healthiest president ever". It sounded a lot more like what Trump says about himself than what a medical professional would write.

I didn't want to sound like a crazy conspiracy guy, so I kept it to myself, but that sentence basically screamed "fake" to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Trump has repeatedly mixed up the dead doctor's name with his son's. That's not so odd since the dead guy was his doctor for a long time.

The Hive-Mind is disappointed by your attempt to apply nuance. sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The doctor guy looks like a stoner. Trump probably wrote it for him

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh....looks like the doctor really wrote it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/26/politics/donald-trump-doctor-n...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceGhost wrote:

Welp, that settles it.

Presume truth unless it is later disproved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceGhost wrote:

He did. But it's still laughable.

For example, see this NBC article.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-doctor-wrote-healt...

Some excerpts:

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency," Bornstein wrote.

Asked how he could justify the hyperbole, Bornstein said, "I like that sentence to be quite honest with you and all the rest of them are either sick or dead."

----
Bornstein said that after he was asked to write the letter, he thought about what he would say all day but did not type it out until the last minute as a black car sent by Trump waited to collect it. He said he didn't even proofread it.

The doctor said he would not normally use such over-the-top language in a letter for a patient but he made an exception for Trump — who just two weeks before had tweeted that the doctor's assessment would show "perfection."

(Trump tweet: As a presidential candidate, I have instructed my long-time doctor to issue, within two weeks, a full medical report-it will show perfection)

"I think I picked up his kind of language and then just interpreted it to my own," Bornstein said.

---

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
It's a tremendous letter.

It uses all the best words.

I can't wait to read that Drumpf shot a 34 playing golf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
SpaceGhost wrote:

Welp, that settles it.

Presume truth unless it is later disproved.

I suspect he had "help" writing it. Getting help with such things is quite reasonable - it needs to fall in the intersection of what the doctor is happy to say and what the candidate wants saying (and, if being naive, the truth). That help can stray as far as writing for signature (and that happens outside politics as well). If not careful it can embarrass the signer, which looks like what happened here. (It ought to embarrass the subject too, but if Trump ever understood that emotion he's clearly repressed it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.