Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 2p with my wife yesterday. It plays great. You only use 2 theme decks for the main draw deck so blueprints are a bit easier to get, but the harder ones are still really tough.

As an example, I needed a bat wing upgrade for my coaster. My wife drew the card in her draw5/discard one and kept it because she knew I needed it. I got lucky and found the only other copy of the card in the game so that I could complete my medium blueprint.

The game can be a bit aggressive like that once you sort of see what the blueprints available are over time and defend against them.

We played the "First Date" scenario so the unFair city deck was a bit lower, we played without the super attractions (spectacle cards), and I believe some of the harder blueprints.

After playing, we both knew we wanted the game. We had already backed the KS so this just sealed the deal for us. We're ready for our copy!

Let me know if you have any questions and I can try to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I enjoyed our 2 player game of it yesterday, played the full game, 8 rounds and did not use any of the game changer cards and had a good time, but then again, she likes throwing punches in games.

Can hear our thoughts/review of it here:

I think right around the 55 minute mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Clark
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have played 12 games over the past week or so.....love the game. So much I actually did the Kickstarter....my first ever.

No issues with 2 player and we have even played 3 of those games using 3 decks instead of two. We like it as well, makes it more diverse without any complications and more variety and less shuffling the discards.

We have played the last two using the Game Changer that gives you the Super Attraction already in your park and really like it.

I can't find anything to not like at this point, looking forward to the new themes.

WINNER !!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BorderCon
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
BorderCon was a blast this year!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Taken from my review -

'I explored the game with only two players about a week after playing the game for this review. As an aside I have played it now 4 times in 2 weeks and I still want to play it again.

Knowing the cards fairly well and not needing to read them all that often, our game took 1 hr 15 minutes and that time just flew by. I'm really happy to report that the game was actually less aggressive and 'take-that'y' than the multi-player format. So this wasn't an issue at all.

But something else really struck me about the game with 2-players. It really offers something quite different to the 4-player experience. That is largely due to the fact that without all of the themes in play, the players really have to adapt to the theme combo being used and try to make the best of the cards in front of them. This is very exciting for the game as it means that the exploration and re-playability of the game is extended considerably. In addition to enjoying the game play, I found myself really enjoying the additional hurdle that the 2-player game experience offered.

For example, we played with the recommended Robot and Pirate themes (recommended for beginners that is). I didn't go for a thrill ride attraction due to an early Blue Print or two not requiring them...but by the mid game I realised that a lot of upgrades were for thrill rides and I was out of that loop and leaving Annie with no competition for them. It was really interesting and I think the game has even more legs than I thought it would as you explore the various combos and how they interact with one another.

If you are a fan of 2-player games or play most games with 2, then don't hold back on considering Unfair...it gets two big thumbs up from me and I can't wait to explore the full game and get those expansion themes in the future to make for so many different experiences.'

For the review in full -

Unfair - A Detailed Review
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aidan Mirisola-Sullivan
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
oh hai
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Pleased to hear of its good happy 2p success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Up
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I am glad to hear it is good at 2p!
Just pledged for my copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there theme packs that don't well together when paired in a 2 player experience? I know they recommend robots and pirates. Any other good combos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Many of the ninja staff/super attractions are really, really mean so if one person goes heavy into ninjas they can probably make life really hard for the other person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
Are there theme packs that don't well together when paired in a 2 player experience? I know they recommend robots and pirates. Any other good combos?

None of the pairings are broken to play, but each will give a different feel and different challenges, as features go in and out of play.

The theme packs also have an overview card with a rating out of 5 for how well that theme supports a particular scoring method, and how unfair it is. You may find that low unfair ratings suit 2p better than high - but that will depend on how "interactive" you like your game (and perhaps whether you enjoy sleeping on the couch)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve T
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Will all packs be playable for 2p carebears that don't wont to play mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
All the packs are playable without any attacking. There are a couple of cards in Ninja whose purpose is mostly attack, but even they have some value (Shadow Dragon is still a 3-star thrill ride, the Star Performer is still a 1-star staff member, both useful for stars and for some blueprints).

About the only card that I can think of that does nothing under World Peace is Instant Karma, since it requires an attack to trigger it. Luckily, you can use it as fuel to discard from your hand for a 5-card Park card draw, so even that has some use
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.