Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anywhere else to play this online apart from Tabletopia ?? Preferably also turn based, similar to yucata, boitajeux or BGA ..

And if not, are there plans to make it available anywhere else ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also available on Tabletop Simulator. We haven't given anyone else permission to use it, as we're working on a Unity version for Steam, iOS, and Android.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
It's also available on Tabletop Simulator. We haven't given anyone else permission to use it, as we're working on a Unity version for Steam, iOS, and Android.

Any timetable on the Unity version -AND- will that be turn based -OR- real time only too ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mann Clay
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

oohhhh...nice

Btw, Mr. Stegmaier. i'm sure you have heard this enough but, thank you for sharing your game vision and design with us all. Scythe is just too much fun. Scythe is now the game other than Castles Of Burgundy that i have wanted to play again and again. Weird comparison but its true. Just hits the right places for me and my interests in gaming.

Anyways, did not mean to take over the context of the thread. Looking forward to online play once it's deployed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very kind of you to say, Mann--thank you. I'm always happy to hear when my games hit the table more than once. Hopefully people will have the same experience when Scythe is available in more digital formats!

As for the timetable, I think it'll be in beta testing in a few months, and maybe a spring 2017 release? I'm pretty sure the first implementation will be either against the AI or pass-and-play--baby steps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Does that mean that you have been contacted for such online implementation?
Will you refuse any request like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thibaut: I wouldn't say "refuse"; we'll say, "politely decline." I have been contacted by a few people about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still a ways off, but I look forward to the app! My non gamer husband is more likely to say yes to a game on the ipad where we pass it between us then sitting at the table and setting up a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McLeod
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully, the other player mats can get added in to the Tabletopia version soon! And some further setups for games, especially against the Automa!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Has Tabletopia still not added the final art for the player mats? Or are you referring to the expansion mats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rakstad
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamie, not sure if you can comment, but have you been approached by either boiteajeux.net or yucata.de? Those are the sites I frequent, and I'd be curious to know if either of them could/would get permission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Has Tabletopia still not added the final art for the player mats? Or are you referring to the expansion mats?

Tabletopia still only has one of the five player mats in the Automa mode. Additionally, there's no easy way for the player to switch the faction being played by the Automa. Currently, there's only one bonus tile, only two objective cards, and two factory cards. If you'd like me to help coordinate, feel free to cc me in the discussion with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe: I've been approached by one of them, and I politely declined. I may reconsider in the future if there's still demand for that after we've released our Scythe app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Denoize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I may reconsider in the future if there's still demand for that after we've released our Scythe app.

Playing most of my games online turn-based and in a web-browser, I can say I will still ask for an online implementation even after an app. This is 2 different things, for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never play boardgames online in any other way than turn-based using a web browser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

This comment makes me greedy as I immediately want a Viticulture app as well arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McLeod
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

The player mats. Currently, there's only the one under the Crimean faction mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We're working on the Viticulture app too, though it's taking a while!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeff. I'll talk to them about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Samson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
We're working on the Viticulture app too, though it's taking a while!

That's some awesome news too! Any timetable on that one? If they're looking for beta testers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob: I don't know--I'm giving the developer plenty of time. When we're ready for beta testing, we'll turn to our ambassador system: http://stonemaiergames.com/about/ambassador-program/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Hopefully people will have the same experience when Scythe is available in more digital formats! ... I'm pretty sure the first implementation will be either against the AI or pass-and-play--baby steps.

By "AI" do you mean an implementation of the Automata that comes with the game, or a full simulation of other players? (or both)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
mcmugwump wrote:
Hopefully, the other player mats can get added in to the Tabletopia version soon! And some further setups for games, especially against the Automa!

The Tabletopia implementation has been updated with all the player mats (the fifth one is in the bag). Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.