Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
So, my auction has ended and I want to do everything properly and efficiently.

What are the next steps? The wiki was not really helpful there.

I know there are some automated features, but are not sure what they are or how to push the results to the Marketplace efficiently.

Thanks for any tips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
grandslam wrote:
So, my auction has ended and I want to do everything properly and efficiently.

What are the next steps? The wiki was not really helpful there.

I know there are some automated features, but are not sure what they are or how to push the results to the Marketplace efficiently.

Thanks for any tips.

Should be on your geeklist at the bottom of each item listing a link to send it to marketplace. If it is not (make sure you edit your geeklist header with the "auction" checkbox.

This should create the listing for you in the marketplace automatically.

You can then send the winner's notification that the listing has been created. They will purchase it. You need to confirm and give them a shipping quote. They'll pay you through PayPal or whatever else was set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on the size of the auction, it may be easier to process everything as a single order through the marketplace. It's as easy as creating an entry under "Outside the Scope" for the total value of your bids. Then request Octavian to "buy" your entry. Click through all the confirmation stuff, and your bgg marketplace account will be charged the commission fee for the auction. Pay the bill and you're done.

Note that you'll want to hold off on doing this until you're close to being done with the auction (as in, everything is paid for and sent) since there's always the chance of cancelled sales or buyers who will insist they get their individual entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks - for those who have bought multiple items do you generally create one item, bump up the price and then add the other games to the description, so Spielboy gets good data?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As a PS, if you decide to do one big listing, you can also do individual trades if someone would like to give/receive feedback.

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/GeekList_auction#toc4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I was looking at the wrong wiki page - this one:

https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGG_Auctions

Which has an odd note as of August 2016 - anyone know anything about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That page is for the geekgold auctions, and not the geeklist auctions for regular money.

I remember seeing something about it, though I don't see anything in the Bugs forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.