David Medley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How does the online game track levels? Especially:
1) How do the three time frames affect your level
2) Does challenging or rematching count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Lapsley
United States
Verona
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't speak to #1.
For #2, they count if your opponent is within a certain level range (can't remember if it's 3 or 5, but I think 5). If they are, it will count, other wise it will not.

Also, ALL random opponent games count towards your level (which leads me to assume that #1 does count).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All random "new game" matches will affect your level, regardless of the timing (24 hour or 3 min), expansions, or matchmaking type (selective vs quick match).

Direct challenge and rematches only affect your level if your opponent is within 5 levels of your level.

All online games count towards your wins/losses/win% in your profile screen, even if they don't affect your level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HomerJr wrote:

Direct challenge and rematches only affect your level if your opponent is within 5 levels of your level.

This is true for lifetime level, but I think that challenges and rematches always affect weekly and monthly levels whatever the range of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrUnit7 wrote:
HomerJr wrote:

This is true for lifetime level, but I think that challenges and rematches always affect weekly and monthly levels whatever the range of players.

True. The 5-level limit only applies to lifetime ranking. Weekly and Monthly leaderboards are affected by all games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.