The Manhattan Project: Chain Reaction» Forums » Rules

Subject: Yellow Cake rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
redOne El Big Daddy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't seem to understand the difference between the wooden yellow bits and the yellow cake resource cards... tried to figure this out while reading through the rules but can't find it.

Anyone?

Deluxe owner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no difference. You can use the wooden bits to replace the cards if you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wooden yellow bits are just there to use instead of the cards. They work the same way (this was mentioned in the kickstarter). You can use either to represent the yellowcake. (same deal for the uranium)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
redOne El Big Daddy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere in the rules it says:

You may 'make change' for larger denomination resource cards; the exact amount is not required...

What's meant by this rule? Maybe an example?

Btw,thanks for the quick replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are going to use the Enrichment Factory that converts 1 Yellow Cake into 1 Uranium. You have 3 Yellow Cake, but as a single 3 Yellow Cake card. You hand in your 3 Yellow Cake card to pay the 1 Yellow Cake cost and get back two 1 Yellow Cake cards as change for the unused Yellow Cake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
redOne El Big Daddy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't believe it was that simple...
Played my first solo game and ended up with 33 kiloTons on bombs =)
Great little filler!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bewareness wrote:
Couldn't believe it was that simple...
Played my first solo game and ended up with 33 kiloTons on bombs =)
Great little filler!

You did much better than me. I just played my first game and only came up with 17.

Lots of combo-ing and conversion. Love it. This game is simple but a chewy optimization puzzle, solo-wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.