Subject: Interview with Paul Winchester and Todd Michlitsch from FFG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Wimmer
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Normally I don't do topics for our podcast episodes anymore on BGG, but I figured this is a bit different.

We had a pretty long interview with Paul and Todd from FFG about IA in general. You can find the recording here:

http://boardwars.eu/special-podcast-interview-with-paul-and-...

Lots of background info on how IA is made, design concepts and even the testing process! I think it's worth a listen. Have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything in this that reconfirms the companion app?

Thanks!

Lance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lancemoody wrote:

Thanks!

Lance

FFG confirmed it at Gencon? Why would you need more confirmation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume it's because of all the scare-mongering after the deleted tweet.

Rest assured, the app is coming and it is mentioned in the interview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Rest assured, the app is coming and it is mentioned in the interview.

I really hope so; I'm wanting this so bad!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Wimmer
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lancemoody wrote:

Yes. We even tried to coax Paul and Todd into revealing if it's similar to the Road to Legends app, but they couldn't comment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx a lot for posting this.

Don't be afraid to raise attention to worthwile interviews (even if its bordering advertisement).

I think the whole IA-app-anouncement problems are due to the high profile IP owned by Disney and everything that comes with such products.

Rest assured FFG has a very high interest in releasing an app for Imperial Assault (it trippled Descent sales), they have been working on it and they can't say anything in public about it unless Disney gave them green light to do so, else lawsuits would ensue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jacenat wrote:
lancemoody wrote:

Yes. We even tried to coax Paul and Todd into revealing if it's similar to the Road to Legends app, but they couldn't comment

~"We're working on it and it's super-fun" sounds promising. Sounds more like RtL than just a companion app. I sure hope so!

It was interesting to listen to the designers talk about balance and some of the other things they have to think about when adding new expansions to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they mentioned that big boxes take about a year to make/ship from start to finish. I also believe they mentioned starting it in Oct (I watched this yesterday so my memory on it is hazy), so we might see Jabba's in Oct/Nov possibly.

They also claim it's their best one yet (I'm inclined to believe them, campaign/game elements usually get more refined over time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.