Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Serra
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
On page 8 of the rule book it says "If there are any armor ( ) boxes,
they must be filled before any other boxes."

Does this mean that all available dice that CAN fill armor boxes MUST do so? And if I don't have the means to fill all of the armor boxes do I automatically fail the encounter and not claim the card as loot or can I use remaining dice to fill in the rest of the boxes and pass the encounter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zerrafett wrote:

Does this mean that all available dice that CAN fill armor boxes MUST do so? And if I don't have the means to fill all of the armor boxes do I automatically fail the encounter and not claim the card as loot or can I use remaining dice to fill in the rest of the boxes and pass the encounter?

It is my understanding that if you can fill it in... you must fill it in first.

If you can't fill the armor square ... you are not allow to fill in any other box. You still "kill the monster" and get loot but you suffer all damage and time on all the squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
rent13579 wrote:
zerrafett wrote:

It is my understanding that if you can fill it in... you must fill it in first.

If you can't fill the armor square ... you are not allow to fill in any other box. You still "kill the monster" and get loot but you suffer all damage and time on all the squares.

This is how I understand it to work as well. The only ways you don't defeat a monster is to die to it or if it has a special ability that allows it to escape. Otherwise, you still defeat it, but perhaps with time loss and damage taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
While there are armor boxes that are unfilled, you cannot place dice in any other boxes.

So, if you can't fill all the armor boxes, you'll take damage from all other boxes on the card + dungeon card.

As long as you survive the encounter, you always claim the card as loot (with the exception of the Beetle, who has a special ability that states otherwise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.