Betrayal at House on the Hill: Widow's Walk» Forums » General

Subject: How does this integrate into the main game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I'm assuming that if one wants to play a game with Widow's Walk (and I do!), you just add all the new cards and tiles to their respective piles. Do you then reference the old Traitor's Tome if you trigger the Haunt with an old Omen/Tile combo, and the new one if a new Omen or Tile is involved?

I am thrilled for this expansion even though I've only played two wonderful sessions of Betrayal. I feel like the vanilla game could definitely use more Item cards for variety - getting the unexpected is a big strength of this game. In that vein, the other decks are being helped by the addition of new cards, too. Truth be told, I would buy another expansion that is only additional cards for the Item and Event decks (since you can't easily add Omen cards without adding new Haunts).

Actually, come to think of it, you could add new Omen cards without writing new Haunts just by putting a note at the bottom that if it triggers the Haunt, treat it as X prior Omen, or even just saying that if it triggers the Haunt, do Haunt number whatever.

Anyway, anyone have the scoop on how the new bits integrate with the original game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No inside information here, but my expectation runs parallel to yours, all though they might just create a new master grid in the expansion that covers all 100 haunts so you only need to reference one book to determine the haunt (but need the original book if it turns out to be one of the first 50)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
No inside information here, but my expectation runs parallel to yours, all though they might just create a new master grid in the expansion that covers all 100 haunts so you only need to reference one book to determine the haunt (but need the original book if it turns out to be one of the first 50)

The idea of a master list did occur to me, and it seems like the best solution for that question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
[q="Fedaykin98"]So, I'm assuming that if one wants to play a game with Widow's Walk (and I do!), you just add all the new cards and tiles to their respective piles. Do you then reference the old Traitor's Tome if you trigger the Haunt with an old Omen/Tile combo, and the new one if a new Omen or Tile is involved? [/quote]

Now that it's released, we know for sure: as it turns out, that's exactly how you do it.

Add the new rooms, items, events, omens to the respective piles. Some of the new rooms involve the roof, a new floor. If you trigger a haunt with either an expansion room or an expansion omen, you consult the expansion list of haunts, numbered 51-100. Otherwise you consult the haunts from the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.