Subject: Corbomite Maneuver strategies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Victor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
http://wizkids.com/attackwing/star-trek-attack-wing-the-corb...

Our OP is this weekend.

So, what's everyone tried/planning on?

I was thinking of bringing Lure to force an opponent's ship closer than mine in round 1. Then they'd have to focus on dealing with the Buoy.

But now we're considering that the Buoy only heads towards ships that are within Range 1-2 of it.

Lure can still be useful, but now I'm going for a more straightforward route rather than focusing so much on using the Buoy to harass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lure definitely.
Muon token could be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gallagher
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not really a full "strategy" but I'm absolutely 100% using The Corbomite Maneuver elite talent.
Possibly in conjunction with a suicide DS9:
DS9
- Captain TBD (3 pts)
- Riker (Ent-E)
Delta Flyer
- Kirk (TOS)
- Corbomite Maneuver
- Self-Destruct Sequence
- Upgraded Phasers

Dock Flyer with DS9, transfer Kirk and talents, move to center of map (or center of opponent's fleet), pop Self-Destruct Sequence AND Corbomite Maneuver on same turn (via Riker) to keep DS9 alive long enough to blow up.

Perhaps will use third ship to hide Faked Messages and/or Lure via Khan and keep opponent's ships from running away from DS9 on the turn it blows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Tholian vessel/Karr/Lure/Faked Messages
29 for a double tap of maneuver controls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
Tholian vessel/Karr/Lure/Faked Messages
29 for a double tap of maneuver controls.

Tholian vessel/Khan 7/Q/Lure/Faked Messages
27 points for 2 surprise maneuver controls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did the OP go? Our Corbomite Maneuver isn't until September 10th, so I'm curious if David will have the videos up on the Ship Yard by then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Victor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
We didn't film Corbomite, unfortunately.

But we did learn that Quantum Slipstream Drive from the Dauntless was a VERY powerful card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wiegeabo wrote:
We didn't film Corbomite, unfortunately.

But we did learn that Quantum Slipstream Drive from the Dauntless was a VERY powerful card.

Ah, very cool. I had thought about using a cheap Weapon Zero as a third ship until I saw that the Buoy can throw out a bunch of Aux tokens.

Did you guys have issues with the Aux tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played our CM OP this past Saturday and it was very underwhelming - we should have made the Buoy indestructible, and ignored any type of Fleet Point bonus.

You could set up your ships in the middle on your side at max distance (right at the 1 of your range ruler), and do a 1 straight in the first round. All three of your ships could destroy the Buoy immediately at range 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Victor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I brought an Avenger build specifically because of the aux tokens.

I don't remember aux's being too crippling. But definitely can be annoying.

What made things really interesting was that we had the buoy only chase the closest ship that was not in range 1-2. So it added a layer of piloting strategy to the game.

We also beefed up the buoy. Instead of it repairing at the end of the round, it could repair at the end of an attack (or something along those lines).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.