Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K_Salz Cotton
United Kingdom
New Malden
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 5 games of the Capital Vierzon solo board and managed to get 4 of the 5 required goals but for the life of me cannot see how to get all 5.

I can get 1, 2 and 3 easily; once I also managed to also get goal 4 (25 coins). But I can't see how to get goal 5 (28 VPs) whilst meeting the requirements for the other goals.

Has anyone succeeded in getting all 5? Anyone got any strategy suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
I, too, would be greatly interested to know if anyone has been successful with this module. I also played about 5 games but only got close about 2 times. I finally gave up and moved on to Salesman. I'm chiming in that any tips would be greatly appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lageri
Denmark
Søndersø
Fyn
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm working on it but it is definately a hard scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lageri
Denmark
Søndersø
Fyn
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, I did it now but don't ask me to try again. I'm not sure I could do it:

1) FBTC. FBT->K
2) FBTCK. FCT->S
3) FBTCKS. BC->F. KS->Book.
4) FBTCKSF. FCT->S. S->Scriptorium.
5) FBTCKFS. FCT->S. S->Monestary. 1CT 3C 3DS 9C
6) FBTCKFS. FBT->K. FC(K)->Guildhall Orleans. S->BD 1Book.
7) FBTCKFK. (if K is lost no move is possible if I need to rebuild it again, therefore double move now. FTK->Road (Brocade, Vierzon) FBK->Boat (Wine, Montrichard) Plague takes K!!
8) FBCTKF. FBT->K. FCK->Guildhall (Montrichard)
9) 1CT 12C 3DS(Space 11). -10C -> 2C left FBCTKFK. FTK->Road (Brocade, Loches). FCK-> Guildhall (Loches). Goods Tax, 3 Goods -> -1C. 1C left.
10) FBCTKFK. FBK->Boat (Brocade, Tours). FCK->Guildhall (Tours). T->Market Stand (1C -> 1Wheat, 1Brocade -> 5C). 4Guildhalls -> 8C.
11) FBCTKFK. FBK->Boat (Wheat, Blois). FTK->Road(Wine, Vierzon). Deliver: 1 Brocade, 2 Wine, 1 Wheat=12 VP.
12) FBCTKFK. FCK->Guildhall (Vierzon). FTK->Road (Wine, Chateauroux). Harvest-> 1 Wheat.
13) FBCTKFK. FCK->Guildhall (Chateauroux). T->Market Stand (Convert 1 Brocade -> 5C, Convert 1 Wine -> 3C). K->Scriptorium (S from turn 4)-> 1 Book -> 4C. 25C.
14) FBCTKSCFK. FCT->S (4DS, Space 17) KS->Scriptorium. (Space 18 1CT) Ban FK. (6Guild + 2CT) * 4DS = 32VP

End picture is a bit wrong since I forgot to more the Scolar marker to the fourth box but anyway, I made it but only just.............

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmb
Good job. But it's way too early in the morning for me to decode that. I'll revisit this later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bajohrs
msg tools
mb
And why did they bother with the citizen tile on the boar an track when you can't reach it? As you can only take the action 4 times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lageri
Denmark
Søndersø
Fyn
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, you could through some of the tiles but first you need to be lucky drawing it, then make one or two traders to get it and then use it. I don't think its worth the effort nor are there not enough rounds to win after getting the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nilsson
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game of this scenario last night. Managed to get objectives I - IV but fell well short of the development points (I think I managed 12). Achieving the rest was a struggle on its own - I relied mostly on the market and trading away goods to make money but analysing it afterwards I was a long way off getting the Development points. I only ended up with 3 citizens but don't know how I'd get the time to do more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Rivera
El Salvador
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it 4 times yesterday, and failed, but I was closed the last time. completing I-II-III-V, but was short on money with just 21 coins for objective IV. I think a house rule to make it a bit easier is that instead of ramdom action tiles, you could choose your 10 action tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Breugelmans
Belgium
Vorselaar
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is there a citizen tile placed on the blue track, when you can't reach with the 4 characters available .
I do not understand the meaning of that citizen tile.
Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K_Salz Cotton
United Kingdom
New Malden
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ozymanidias wrote:
Why is there a citizen tile placed on the blue track, when you can't reach with the 4 characters available .
Anyone?

I think it was an oversight in the setup rules...but its completely possible that a new/future promo place tile could make getting further up the blue track possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Ottenio
France
Oloron Sainte-Marie
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have succeeded it tonight, the "easy way" at least : doing the last two objectives during last turn.

My strategy : building 5 guilds and got 2 citizens from the gray track = 7*4 =28 development points.

Plus the 5 guilds rewarded me with 10 golds thanks to one event.

With all goods collected, i was able to make even more money. At the end I had (apart from the 4 beginning characters) 3 farmers, 3 craftmen, 1 merchant, no boatsman, 2 knights, 4 students, 1 monk.

Hard scenario indeed

Once question about event 9 : french rulebook says you must pay 1 gold for each good you have, but icon say 1 gold for each two goods. Which one is correct ?

Good luck !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K_Salz Cotton
United Kingdom
New Malden
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KamikazeYoda wrote:
Once question about event 9 : french rulebook says you must pay 1 gold for each good you have, but icon say 1 gold for each two goods. Which one is correct ?

English rules state "Pay 1 coin for every 2 goods" so the iconography is correct.

Well done! Glad to know it is possible. I shall try a similar approach as soon as I get the game back on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Arms
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexjrc wrote:
ozymanidias wrote:
Anyone?

I think it was an oversight in the setup rules...but its completely possible that a new/future promo place tile could make getting further up the blue track possible.

It is possible to reach the citizen at the end of the Boatman track. To do so, you need the Plague event (#7) to kill a Boatman(returning it to the supply). This is very chancey as the odds of the Boatman being selected are low (assuming you have taken normal actions that turn and have several different types of followers in your bag at the end of the turn).

Note: It would be automatic if you only have one or more Boatmen in your bag (and not your starting Boatman) at the end of Round #7 when the Plague event occurs. This is tricky as it means you will not be taking any actions that turn (other than contributing followers to the Beneficial Deeds via Town Hall).

Or: (spoiler correction below)

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Undergo Torture due to the Harvest event (#3) when you have no food and insufficient coins. Ideally you have only 3 of your color's pieces plus the new Boatman in your bag when you undergo the torture. In this case, the new Boatman will guaranteed be selected and returned to the supply. Note: you do have plenty of unbuilt Trading Stations that you can sacrifice for the rest of the Torture.

CORRECTION:
I was wrong here. The rules for Torture explicitly state:
Quote:
All items lost in this process are removed from the game. Only Development Points can be re-gained.

I missed that line. My thanks to my mom, Kay Arms, for correcting my error. So, undergoing Torture does not work for this problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've lost 6 in a row, closest I got was 4 coins short for the last goal. If you don't draw good buildings AND a favorable distribution of goods on the paths, you may as well quit and start over. I HATE playing games where you are utterly screwed by an impossible setup but you don't find that out until until you're well into the game.

Will try with handpicked buildings, but I doubt I will ever play this again -- once I beat it. Either that or count a win as 4/5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Urg
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
closest I got was within 4 coins of the last goal.

I'm thinking the boatmen might be a good method to go as you get gold each time you get one. Especially if you have the herb garden. Although its tricky to get the right build order to make that effective.

I like that this is hard, the dignitary level Is way too easy so this was refreshing to get my butt whipped in 3 different games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it for the first time today. Came up six coins short on goal IV. Getting a bunch of trading stations before turn 10 (trading day) is probably imperative, but I think you also have to get a favorable goods layout at the beginning (lots of brocade and wool on the routes to Loches and Vierzon). If you don't, you might as well start over after goods placement (not a fan of that).

I could be wrong, though (since I've only played once).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.