$30.00
$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Life in Texas is never dull. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/08/21/whi...

White Lives Matter holds a protest at the local NAACP office. They should have contacted their MRA brethren for some more bodies.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The confederate flag was a nice touch. I'm sure it was just to show Southern Pride or something shake
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Have any idea how miserably hot it is in Houston in August? Only absolute morons go outside to do something like this in August.

Of course, that pretty well sums up Texans.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak for Houston but it's been really nice the last week here. Down in the high 70s and low 80s for highs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Yeah, I was trying to be insulting to the morons. I live just a few miles north of the Red River, and this weekend was amazing -- highs in the low, low 80s, little humidity, nice easterly breeze. For August, that's stunning.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
batman wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/08/21/whi...

White Lives Matter holds a protest at the local NAACP office. They should have contacted their MRA brethren for some more bodies.


Great turnout! "Roughly 20 people showed up on Sunday".

#StrugglesForRelevancePart200
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
I can't speak for Houston but it's been really nice the last week here. Down in the high 70s and low 80s for highs.


It's been sweltering lately. We've had about two weeks of off-and-on rain. My backyard is a marsh right now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I can't believe I wasted my time reading this. Since when is the opinion of 20 idiots relevant?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
BFoy wrote:
Wow, I can't believe I wasted my time reading this. Since when is the opinion of 20 idiots relevant?


Does that not sum up RSP?
6 
 Thumb up
0.26
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
I can't speak for Houston but it's been really nice the last week here. Down in the high 70s and low 80s for highs.


There are four seasons in Texas - hot, f*&king hot, really obnoxiously f*&king hot, and football.

Of course, in Ohio we have Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:


Made a mental picture of what it looked like.

*watches video*

Yep. Expectation met.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great 20 guys show up at the NAACP HQ with confederate flags and guns. The only thing missing was the white sheets. And when did such blatant racism in public become acceptable again?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Not racism, exhibition of Southern Pride and Second Amendment rights.

It's was warm enough to that no bonfires or crosses needed burning.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's sad that some southerners seem to think that a horrible stance on human rights and a foolish and costly war they lost are the best they can do as symbols of southern pride. I could probably come up with a dozen better ones, and I'm a combo Midwesterner and Yank.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great pic... the animals are caged in, exactly where they belong.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/houston-white-lives-ma...


Now, if someone could throw them some plain, white crackers, their tum tums would be all filled up.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Remember when you were a kid and you or someone else wasn't allowed in the club / gang so you and/or them said something like "Fine, I'll go start my own club and you guys can't join" and the other club's name was some variation on the first.

That's what this seems like.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
batman wrote:
I can't speak for Houston but it's been really nice the last week here. Down in the high 70s and low 80s for highs.


There are four seasons in Texas - hot, f*&king hot, really obnoxiously f*&king hot, and football.

Of course, in Ohio we have Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.

If you get down to the Rio Grande valley, people care less about football and you get monsoon type rains from late August through October.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
batman wrote:
I can't speak for Houston but it's been really nice the last week here. Down in the high 70s and low 80s for highs.


There are four seasons in Texas - hot, f*&king hot, really obnoxiously f*&king hot, and football.

Of course, in Ohio we have Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.

If you get down to the Rio Grande valley, people care less about football and you get monsoon type rains from late August through October.


BLASPHEMY!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
chrisnd wrote:
whac3 wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
batman wrote:
I can't speak for Houston but it's been really nice the last week here. Down in the high 70s and low 80s for highs.


There are four seasons in Texas - hot, f*&king hot, really obnoxiously f*&king hot, and football.

Of course, in Ohio we have Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.

If you get down to the Rio Grande valley, people care less about football and you get monsoon type rains from late August through October.


BLASPHEMY!


"Care less about football" in Texas means you won't run down the lady pushing a stroller if you're late to a Cowboys' game. Might clip 'er though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
Of course, in Ohio we have Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.


So true.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
Remember when you were a kid and you or someone else wasn't allowed in the club / gang so you and/or them said something like "Fine, I'll go start my own club and you guys can't join" and the other club's name was some variation on the first.

That's what this seems like.


Ah but then we learnt to add blackjack and hookers to the rules as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
The confederate flag was a nice touch. I'm sure it was just to show Southern Pride or something shake

HA HA! White libs on GUILT! White libs on Guilt!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
There are four seasons in Texas - hot, f*&king hot, really obnoxiously f*&king hot, and football.

Of course, in Ohio we have Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.
I gotta tell you though, this years Almost Winter is killing me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
The confederate flag was a nice touch. I'm sure it was just to show Southern Pride or something shake

HA HA! White libs on GUILT! White libs on Guilt!
Guilt for defeating the confederates? I think that is something to actually be proud of.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.